Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so maybe there is a post already on this but i cant seem to locate so here i go...............07 300 base model 2.7L 42RLE has 83k trans acts like brakes are applied when in low gear or reverse, i have put vehicle in nutral and as it slow down it acted like the brakes were being applied until it came to a stop. I checked the fluid and its good, i havent seen any other signs of brakes dragging. ANY IDEAS OF WHAT THIS IS? Trans does have a slight slip going into high gear but other than that seems to drive fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just thinking of the simple solutions. Does this only occur in cold weather or right at start-up? Also, did you do the trans flush recently?
Also extremely jealous you have a 07 with so few miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '05 Touring with the v6 and the same 42rle tranmission and it is doing the same thing. At low rpms when shifting fron 1st to 2nd it feels like the brakes are engaging or like it is momentarily trying to go into reverse. I have even heard the tires chirp, as if stopped for a split second. It happens so randomly that its hard to put a finger on the cause. One thing i have read about this particular set up is that tbere were problems with water getting into the trans via the filler tube entry point. It said that even a tiny amount of water could have adverse effects. But it did not describe said effects, so i am unsure if this might be the problem. I havs noticed it doing this more and more often the more i drive it. I only purchased the car 2 months ago. If anyone has experienced this and figured out the cause, i would appreciate any input i can get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts