Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be easier/cheaper for me to get the valve seats redone, cam and lifter upgrade to non MDS set, on my pre-eagle OEM engine
Or:
Swap to Eagle heads & 6.1 intake, cam/lifters and everything else needed?
I don't need crazy HP, just looking to build for a bit more pwr and longevity as I'm getting the "Hemi tick" periodically and would like to delete all MDS. It's not my daily driver.
Thanks 馃憤

Registered
If you're not after a lot more power, do as Smackeyacky has suggested...stick with what you have. How much money do you plan on spending and what are the ultimate goals for the vehicle.....high performance, fuel economy, or? You'd have a lot of grief (and expense) swapping parts if all you're after is new valve seats and shutting off the MDS. Bigger heads, by themselves, will not give you that much of a power increase and the 6.1 intake manifold on a 5.7 is not as efficient than the stock one.

Also, if you're planning on a cam, do the exhaust first.....headers and a good, low restriction cat. back. Then do the cam and lifters if you want to. If you end up doing the cam and kit, then a tuner is highly recommended. If you stay relatively stock (keep the stock cam and lifters), as said, you'll need a tuner anyway to shut off the MDS....although I don't know why you'd want to do that. If you're just going to fix valve seats and do the exhaust, a tuner is not an absolute necessity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts