Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, new member here.

Bought the car in stock form a few years ago and started working on engine performance and audio upgrades. Since then the car has just kind of been sitting around until I had time to start going through the worn suspension components like the destroyed tension strut bushings and sway bushings.

So I just finished doing all front and rear suspension with KW V1 coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Pedders Steering Rack Bushings and all MOOG front and rear control arms/tension struts etc. Finished her off with some new Voxx Demon replica wheels wrapped in Conti Extremes and some G1 caliper paint.

Probably will do Comp HRT Stage 1 Cam at some point, different rear end gears (thinking 3.73's) and some new tint but I'm pretty satisfied at this point I think.

Mods listed in signature.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My crappy dinged up, beat down off white 05 300c turd runs 100% different, like a completely different car with different rear end gears. I was scared at first to put 3.90's in a highway car, but now I just don't know why not everybody does it. The results are just plain awesome. You'd have to put a whole ass bank account into the motor to get the same boost in performance. And the best part is, I did mine using a rear center section meant for a base model V6.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was going to do 3.73's myself. I have my cat-back on the way to finish off the full exhaust too.

Reactions: Greg N

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was going to do 3.73's myself. I have my cat-back on the way to finish off the full exhaust too.
Nice, 3.73 might be a better ratio. 3.90 was the cheapest solution I could find for a blown up rear end, lol. I think if you went the cheap route and swapped in tinker toy v6 units like me, the options would be 3.90 or 3.64, lol.

I've got an antique Chrysler I want to change the gearing, and I'm looking at 3.73 potentially.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The getrag 3.73 lsd kit from hhp is really the way to go. You get lsd, srt8 axles and hubs, new sleeves and seals. Kind of expensive but you won't have to mess with it ever again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts