Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 with a blown 2.7 engine. So I bought a 2006 Chrysler 300 with a 3.5 engine. I did the engine and transmission swap and the car was working fine for about a month. Then my transmission wouldn't shift from first gear so I put in the computer and ignition from the 3.5 motor and it started to shift again but it stoped showing how fast I'm goin. The ESP/bas lights the tire pressure and abs lights came. The rest of the speedometer work perfectly. When I put the 2.7 computer the speed gauage works good but the gears won't shift. If anyone can tell me what to do I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart cause I'm really screwed with this problem please help please. Thanks

·
Vendor
1,387 Posts
Hello I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 with a blown 2.7 engine. So I bought a 2006 Chrysler 300 with a 3.5 engine. I did the engine and transmission swap and the car was working fine for about a month. Then my transmission wouldn't shift from first gear so I put in the computer and ignition from the 3.5 motor and it started to shift again but it stoped showing how fast I'm goin. The ESP/bas lights the tire pressure and abs lights came. The rest of the speedometer work perfectly. When I put the 2.7 computer the speed gauage works good but the gears won't shift. If anyone can tell me what to do I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart cause I'm really screwed with this problem please help please. Thanks

Sorry this took me so long. I emailed your issues to a buddy of mine who is a chrysler mechanic. Below is the response that he gave me.

"ok he has to plug in the right ecu and trans control module to the confirguration of the 3.5L engine and the take the vehcile to a chrysler dealership and have the rest of the controlers flashed to take the new ecu and tcm configuration - the instrument cluster will be reconfigured as well and should work after this."

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking around for me and taking the time to answer my question. But I have one more question.... Can I do this myself or do I have to take it to dealer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts