Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have this problem? About once a week, I will turn off the car for a few minuets and when I get back in, there is no sound--the head unit seems to be on, but you can't navigate radio stations, music on the HDD, or SAT stations. It will not start working again until you park the car and turn it off for at least 30 minuets. Help.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
heard this on LXF there are several reports of it, some have said a Flash update is needed and other say they have it and the problem is still there, but a battery disconnect and reconnect seems to cure it..

it's definitely sounds like a software issue, and as I understand Chrysler is awarem but no word on a fix.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anybody have this problem? About once a week, I will turn off the car for a few minuets and when I get back in, there is no sound--the head unit seems to be on, but you can't navigate radio stations, music on the HDD, or SAT stations. It will not start working again until you park the car and turn it off for at least 30 minuets. Help.
Mine was doing it a couple of times also, just remove the radio fuse while the car is running then replace, problem solved. I know its a pain but thats what I did to solve it.. A few weeks ago I upgraded the software to 9.715 and have not had a problem since.
:cool:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Update:

Had the muted radio last night when we went to dinner, pulled fuse and back to normal. I want the new software that is in beta now, its has the fix for this hopefully and the uconnect phonebook downloading.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Chrysler sent me an update for myGIG a few weeks ago to fix a problem they found that seems to shut down or freeze the system. I had no problems with my system, as my car is only 8 months old, however, I still updated the system and now my nav looks like XM traffic, they have colored bars next to major highways in green, yellow , and red(no traffic, a little traffic, stand still). So if i was you, i would call chrysler and tell them that you are having problems with your nav and you heard of other owners receiving nav update DVD. I hope this helps, if not, PM me and i'll see what i can do for you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Chrysler sent me an update for myGIG a few weeks ago to fix a problem they found that seems to shut down or freeze the system. I had no problems with my system, as my car is only 8 months old, however, I still updated the system and now my nav looks like XM traffic, they have colored bars next to major highways in green, yellow , and red(no traffic, a little traffic, stand still). So if i was you, i would call chrysler and tell them that you are having problems with your nav and you heard of other owners receiving nav update DVD. I hope this helps, if not, PM me and i'll see what i can do for you.
I'm already running the latest software version 9.715 and it still happens. There is going to be a new release in a couple of weeks that addresess this problem and more. I had that version way before Chrysler decided to send them out version 9.713. Just download off the net and install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts