Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler 300C SRT 5.7L Hemi
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member Here....I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place!

I have a 2008 300C SRT and several of the speakers are blown out. I located my original sticker on the car and it seems that I have the 6 Boston Acoustic Speaker System (standard equipment I believe). I also have the MyGIG Multimedia System with GPS Navigation (if that matters).

I know very little about cars and probably even less about car audio systems. I am the original owner of this car, and my teenage son is now driving it. (Shocking that he blew the speakers, right?!?) He has asked to have the speakers replaced for Christmas gift. I called the local audio shop that we have worked with for other cars and they told me the speakers for this car cannot be found anymore.

Does anyone have any experience with replacing this system?

I went online and found what seems to be a compatible system for my car, but it can't be this easy right? What am I missing?

Compatible with Chrysler 300 2008-2010 Factory Speaker Replacement Harmony R65 R69 & CXA360.4...

·
Registered
225 Posts
You can get whatever brand you want.
Just matching the size is what matters.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

I have a 2008 300C SRT and several of the speakers are blown out. I located my original sticker on the car and it seems that I have the 6 Boston Acoustic Speaker System (standard equipment I believe). I also have the MyGIG Multimedia System with GPS Navigation (if that matters).

I know very little about cars and probably even less about car audio systems. I am the original owner of this car, and my teenage son is now driving it. (Shocking that he blew the speakers, right?!?) He has asked to have the speakers replaced for Christmas gift. I called the local audio shop that we have worked with for other cars and they told me the speakers for this car cannot be found anymore.

I went online and found what seems to be a compatible system for my car, but it can't be this easy right? What am I missing?

Compatible with Chrysler 300 2008-2010 Factory Speaker Replacement Harmony R65 R69 & CXA360.4...
It isn't.

The stock Boston Acoustics setup in my ancient 300 is the best sounding stock system I've ever owned. My '14 R/T Blacktop has the Beats and it sound muddy by comparison. I replaced all the Beats speakers except the subs with better quality aftermarket units (Kicker and Infinity) and the Boston Acoustics still sounds substantially better to my ears.

If you do decide to go aftermarket, it's important to match up the impedance correctly. Check your speakers to verify, but your stockers are likely 2Ω, while most aftermarket units are 4Ω. 4Ω drivers in a system designed for 2Ω will be less efficient and place a strain on the amplifier that it wasn't designed for. I ended up going with 3Ω units with a high sensitivity rating, so it evened out fairly well, but it's something to keep in mind.

FWIW, if any speakers fail on my 300, I'll replace them with the exact same stock pieces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It isn't.

The stock Boston Acoustics setup in my ancient 300 is the best sounding stock system I've ever owned. My '14 R/T Blacktop has the Beats and it sound muddy by comparison. I replaced all the Beats speakers except the subs with better quality aftermarket units (Kicker and Infinity) and the Boston Acoustics still sounds substantially better to my ears.

If you do decide to go aftermarket, it's important to match up the impedance correctly. Check your speakers to verify, but your stockers are likely 2Ω, while most aftermarket units are 4Ω. 4Ω drivers in a system designed for 2Ω will be less efficient and place a strain on the amplifier that it wasn't designed for. I ended up going with 3Ω units with a high sensitivity rating, so it evened out fairly well, but it's something to keep in mind.

FWIW, if any speakers fail on my 300, I'll replace them with the exact same stock pieces.
That is good to know.....I would love to find the stock speakers, but I have no idea how to find those for a 2008 vehicle. Thank you for your help!!

·
Registered
460 Posts

I might have some of my original speakers from when I upgraded mine. Which ones do you need?

·
Administrator
13,087 Posts
I replaced my stockers (had the same system as you do) with a front 3-way component system from Hertz. Great upgrade over stock and they are 2 ohm speakers so no problem working with the stock amp.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Most of us replaced the front two speakers by now. Stock BA or Alpine were not very good. Mostly we used Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx or its earlier variants. Some have gone with the Kicker replacements, which you can order directly from Mopar, but I have not read good reviews for that switch. I have blown out the Infinitys a couple times. Next time I am going to try the Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C, which have a higher power capacity. Take a look at www.Crutchfield.com.

The door speakers are not fed any high frequencies from the stock amp so don’t waste money on highend. Any 2-way 6x9 with good low end will work well there. In fact, if not blown, then I would not change. I did once with Infinitys and not as much punch as stock.

I have never changed out the rears so hopefully someone will speak up and fill that gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might have some of my original speakers from when I upgraded mine. Which ones do you need?
Oh my goodness. I’m just seeing your message. We desperately need the front dash speakers and at least one door speaker. I think the back dash speakers are ok. If you have any on hand, please let me know.
Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.