Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 300C SRT8. I have 2,800 miles on it and the EVIC is showing a message "Oil Change Required- Contact Dealer". I don't see any message like that in the Owners Manual. I see that the recommended oil change interval is 3,000 miles for heavy duty service (short trips, stop/start driving) and 6,000 miles for regular duty. Can anyone explain the message and why it came on at 2,800 miles? Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
90 Posts
And the more important question, how do you turn it off if you are a do it yourselfer and change your own oil? :pat:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
it pops up ever around 3000 miles and alil earlier to remind u early so they can screw u out of more money

just use synthetic and do 6000, dont believe anything Chrysler says

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And the more important question, how do you turn it off if you are a do it yourselfer and change your own oil? :pat:
Hi. To turn it off:
1) Put the key to "On" but don't start the car.
2) Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor slowly and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3) Turn the key "Off" and restart the car. The message should be gone. If not repeat again.

That's what the Tech showed me after he gave me some story about a "Viscosity Sensor" in the engine which I don't believe. I did get my free synthetic oil change though. I am calling Chrysler Wed. to ask about it. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it pops up ever around 3000 miles and alil earlier to remind u early so they can screw u out of more money

just use synthetic and do 6000, dont believe anything Chrysler says
Hi. That's what I believe. I don't know why it was at 2,800 miles though. I am calling Chrysler Wed. to ask them about it. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Mine is an '08 and I just turned 3K mi. and I'm getting the same thing. I'm leary of dealer oil changes especially with the MDS needing 5W20. How can you be sure the dealer puts it in without watching. I would hope they know the correct oil right?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is an '08 and I just turned 3K mi. and I'm getting the same thing. I'm leary of dealer oil changes especially with the MDS needing 5W20. How can you be sure the dealer puts it in without watching. I would hope they know the correct oil right?
Hi. I had a 2006 Chrysler 300C and had my oil changed at the dealer. I watched them put in 5W-20 and my MDS always worked OK. I had an oil change maintenance warranty. It's a lot cheaper than the dealer charges. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi. I had a 2006 Chrysler 300C and had my oil changed at the dealer. I watched them put in 5W-20 and my MDS always worked OK. I had an oil change maintenance warranty. It's a lot cheaper than the dealer charges. Best regards, Bob.
I had the first oilchange this morning and the service dept. is pretty relaxed.After two months of owning I finally saw where the filter & pan drain is covered. I prefer to do my own and it looks easy to get to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts