Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Not having much luck finding info on this and I'd like to avoid going to the dealer (if possible).

On a daily basis when im driving about 60kph, seems to be only when i'm accelerating, I can feel the tranny clunk (maybe while it's trying to change gears) then it pops into ACC UNAVAILABLE (I also cannot use manual or cruise when it goes into this mode). After it does this it seems like its stuck in 2 or third gear as it accelerates slow after the fact.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

If I restart my car, it goes away and drives normally and as far as i can tell does NOT come back unless I leave it turned off overnight.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still at the dealer. Apparently the computer can't see the "speed sensor" They said they believe it's a wiring harness that runs over the trans causing the problem. The rep said she believes it will be covered under the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. I sure hope so, since it's out of the bumper to bumper!! I should have it back Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got it back today. Diagnosed as "speed sensor circuit has no signal". They replaced the sensor along with a trans service and replacement of a leaking adapter plug. Thankfully they covered it under the powertrain warranty and it seems I got a free trans service as part of the repair. Drove fine on the way home so we"ll see... Have you had any progress with yours??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue

Brian,
I have the same issue with my 2008 300-C AWD. I have had it to the dealer and they came up with a few codes that the system stored. The numbers are: U0402, P2784, P0717 and a few more. The other codes has to do with the rain / light sensor.
The dealer did not know what to do to fix the problem. I would appreciate it if you could send me the case number. The dealer can then look it up and find out what to do :wizard:

Iy has been doing this for the past 3 weeks now. When the ACC Unavailable comes on (ACC was off) the car is sluggish when accelerating. I then stop, restart the car and all is fine....until next time. Your help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Iy has been doing this for the past 3 weeks now. When the ACC Unavailable comes on (ACC was off) the car is sluggish when accelerating. I then stop, restart the car and all is fine....until next time. Your help will be appreciated.
You need it diagnosed to find the issue. Your trans is going into limp mode. The ACC going off is because the trans is in limp mode, so the problem has nothing to do with ACC, only the trans. Check codes or take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JonW, thank you for your feedback. The dealer has identified the codes from the system. The issue was identified as: U0402-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM TCM, P2784-INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1/2 CORRELATION and P0717-INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT NO SIGNAL.
This sounds similar to BrianT's issue. If i can get the case nymber, the dealer can look-up the diagnostic and compare. This will save time and money.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
JonW, thank you for your feedback. The dealer has identified the codes from the system. The issue was identified as: U0402-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM TCM, P2784-INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1/2 CORRELATION and P0717-INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT NO SIGNAL.
This sounds similar to BrianT's issue. If i can get the case nymber, the dealer can look-up the diagnostic and compare. This will save time and money.
I hate to say it, but if your dealer can't diagnose the problem from those errors, you need to find a new dealer! Diagnostics are pretty straight forward and outlined in the service manual for each of those errors.

P2784 says that speed sensor #1 doesn't match #2. P0717 says there is no signal from input speed sensor #1. Pretty straight forward - check if sensor #1 is connected, check wiring, replace sensor. U0402 will likely self correct once speed sensor reports proper data.

·
Registered
3 Posts
JonW, thank you for your comments. I agree with your assesment. I will give this dealer 1 more try and if they fail again, i will find another good dealer. Do you have any recomendations in my city?

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,165 Posts
There is a recent TSB that addresses some 8 speed trans shifting issues:

TSB 21-007-12

SUBJECT:
Flash: Launch Shudder And/Or MIL Illumination And/Or Harsh Shifts With Transmission Operation Improvements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves flash reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software.

NOTE: Both modules must be updated for all changes to be implemented. Refer to the “Symptoms/Conditions” for a detailed description of the changes.

MODELS:
2012 (LD) Charger
2012 (LX) 300

NOTE: This Service Bulletin applies to vehicles built with 3.6L engine (sales code ERB) with a 8 speed automatic transmission (sales code DFG) built before January 17, 2012.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may experience transmission shift, engagement, shudder or operation concerns. Refer to Transmission section below for details. Customers may also notice a MIL illumination. Upon further investigation by the Technician any of the following DTC's may be set:
MIL
i. P0441 - Evap Purge System Performance.
ii. P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank 1).
iii. P0430 - Catalyst Efficiency (Bank2).
iv. P0133 - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response.
v. P0153 - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response.
vi. P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire.
vii. P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire.
viii.P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire.
ix. P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire.
x. P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire.
xi. P0305 - Cylinder 5 Misfire.
xii. P0306 - Cylinder 6 Misfire.
xiii.P113D - O2 Sensor 1/1 Slow Response (High Frequency).
xiv.P113E - O2 Sensor 2/1 Slow Response (High Frequency).
xv. P0128 - Thermostat Rationality.

Transmission:
i. Paddle shifting stops working until ignition is cycled. This can happen with a lot of aggressive paddle shifting in low gears. The transmission calculates the clutches are getting hot and will disables paddle shifting until key off event. The software has been changed to bring back the paddle shifting function as soon as clutch temperatures are reduced. The cluster will also provide a message to the driver that informs them the paddle function is disabled.
ii. Vehicle will not stay in Sport mode. This happens whenever the vehicle is shifted out of drive. The updated software keeps the vehicle in sport mode until the driver deselects the sport mode or the ignition is cycled.
iii. Launch shudder. This condition happens when the vehicle is started and immediately shifted in drive and 15% or more throttle is applied.
iv. 1 - 2 or 2 - 3 upshift bump in cold temperatures between -22° F (-30° C) and 50° F (10° C).
v. 2 - 3 upshift bump. This condition occurs when the driver lifts their foot off the accelerator pedal right before the transmission perform the 2 - 3 upshift.
vi. 3 - 2 downshift bump. This condition happens during light braking or coasting down with no throttle input.
vii. 7 - 6 downshift bump. This condition happens during light braking or coasting down with no throttle input.

Repair: Flash modules

Estimated repair time: 0.3 hrs

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
There is a recent TSB that addresses some 8 speed trans shifting issues: TSB 21-007-12

MODELS:
2012 (LD) Charger
2012 (LX) 300
The cars in question here are not 8 speed 2012 models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone,

Not having much luck finding info on this and I'd like to avoid going to the dealer (if possible).

On a daily basis when im driving about 60kph, seems to be only when i'm accelerating, I can feel the tranny clunk (maybe while it's trying to change gears) then it pops into ACC UNAVAILABLE (I also cannot use manual or cruise when it goes into this mode). After it does this it seems like its stuck in 2 or third gear as it accelerates slow after the fact.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

If I restart my car, it goes away and drives normally and as far as i can tell does NOT come back unless I leave it turned off overnight.

Any help would be appreciated!
I have a 2008 300c and I recently got the code p0717 ( turbine input shaft speed sensor no signal )) and I went to the auto parts to buy the speed sensor, but and they give me one but to be honest I didn't find where that sensor go on my chrysler I didn't find it anywhere, so what I replaced it was the transmission plug adapter, and it seems like it fix the problem, hopefully that helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know where is the input shaft speed sensor locate it on my 2008 chrysler 300c???

It trow me the p0717 code , but I don't know if that sensor is locate it out side or inside the transmission,

Please help 🙏

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's on the conductor plate above the valve body.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts