Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the rear seat VES in my 2008 300C SRT. I have never used it before. I went on a trip and had a friend use it in the back seat. I thought that there was a DVD player built-in in the rear VES. Much to my amazement there is none! In order to view a DVD you have to load the DVD in the RER Mygig radio in front. The VES manual, which is very poorly written, says something about a DVD player (if so equipped) in the instrument panel. I always thought that the VES was a standalone system. On page 16 of the manual there is a player shown in Figure 10. Is there a player, like the one shown, that can be installed somehow? I want to be able to play audio CD's or copy them to the HD while the VES is in use. Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 2007 VES with the rear dvd player. I think that is what you see in your manual. The 2008's dont have the rear dvd player option, just the screen. I don't think you will be able to install it in the 2008 since it has a different center concole I believe. I know it sux but i guess you could buy a external dvd player and hook it up with a/v's. Pretty impracticle...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. You are right. There is a second edition manual that is specifically for the 2008 car which is different. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts