Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 300C with a failed WIN module. My car has been off the road for close to 3 months now waiting for the part. I am curious to know just how many people are of the road at the moment.

Is there a solution or do I now own a very expensive reef???

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
hmm...I can't imaging it takes that long to get a WIN module. No real issue getting them here. Something is wrong with the parts distribution system there or at the dealer's parts department.

That is ridiculous...

·
Registered
16 Posts
ok
i have found this ( chrysler service notice )
and it says the win go's bad like it says in the file my node is the 05025629AD i have not fixed mine yet but have found that NO dealer have replacement parts in australia
BUT
good news if you live in victoria australia Northern Motor Group Chrysler Jeep Dodge Service: 9466 5899 apparently have an tech that can fix them (i found out from poly 4x4) .
but i cant tell you a price as when i called the girl on the phone was super rude ( did not give a F#%k about customers ) and could not give me a price she said $130 per hour to look and could take 1 to 4 hours and to fix could be the about the same and also will not let you talk to the tech that douse it.

but i am going to pull mine apart and see if can fix my self as it says it is
"may have a coil wire in the WIN module that could become detached"

will let you know how i go

good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
FIXED

was not hard at all
if you have and can use a soldering iron and have tools to remove it
and about 30mins you 2 can fix it

·
Registered
1 Posts
DHS, my problem is that turning the key to the start position doesn't result in the engine turning over and starting. This only happens after I release the key and wait 2-5 seconds. The Chrysler dealership service guys have not been able to diagnose the problem after some hours. Surely they would know when a WIN module is faulty. Does this sound like a similar problem to the one you have seen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very interested in your solution, but I am having trouble visualising your solution.
Do you still have access to the part? I would be pleased if you could post another picture of your fix.

It would be great if you could list the manufacturer as well ( possibly Siemens or Continental)

I have a grand voyager but I am guessing the contents are similar

Regards

Coxy

·
Registered
1 Posts
ANOTHERMARTIN.

I am pretty sure your problem is the starter relay that these also have a problem. Fuse box under the hood should be the relay that is all by itself close to the perimeter of the bx. swap it with another or go buy one from the dealer they seem to stick at times I have no clue why.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I've been advised that there is nothing that can be done at the moment. WIN module can't be found. I'm frustrated to no end.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Check this guy out on YouTube. I have not used his services, but I did speak with him via phone and he seems very knowledgeable. He told me that the problem I was having was not with the WIN. He also has a listing on eBay for the repair and has good feedback.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
Copied from Charger forum...

If your having problems with turning off or starting your car because your key won't turn, your WIN module has went to sleep. to wake your WIN module, go into you trunk and remove fuse #8 (blue 15amp close to batt) for about 30sec. then retry turning off or starting your car. that should do the trick, most of the time that will fix the problem for good but if it happens again down the road (in a few days) you may need to replace your WIN module.

also, ref the starter relay....

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I've been advised that there is nothing that can be done at the moment. WIN module can't be found. I'm frustrated to no end.
Hi arjazz,

If you'd like to PM me your VIN, contact info, and the name of the dealership you've been working with, I can look into this further for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have no clue what I'm dealing with through my local dealership. On top of the hardships of my battery running down several times daily dealing with this module, they told me the part came in and turns out it was the wrong product #, now we are back to square one. Don't know what to do. Anyway, my vin is 2c3ka63h68h273434. Allen Vine dodge, Chrysler, Jackson,Tn. 38301. 731 803 1337

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a grand voyager which I believe has the same module (although the external casing is slightly different). Are they not being covered by the L25 recall?

I have done a lot of experimenting with the WINS and it is possible to replace the internal mechanism with a new. By reusing the electronics you DO NOT need to go to a dealer. I wrote a big long spiel on it with photos thinking I could make my fortune on eBay by selling the information, but when the recall came out I figured the problem would simply disappear.

To avoid any doubt I definitely did not have a problem with the starter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts