Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news but for those who didn't know! For the 5.7 AND 6.1.

To 2008 owners the oil filter usage has been changed!!! For whatever reason Chrysler has switched from a 3/4" SAE thread filter to a M22 X1.5 thread filter.
The new 2008 part # is 4884899AB.

Up through 2007 # 5281090 for 5.7 and 6.1

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Well, I certainly didn't know. Thanks for the info!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish I would have read this sooner, it would have saved me some aggravation. My 300 is an 07, but I also have an 08 Ram Hemi and I went through this issue about a week ago.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I knew it was different but I did not know the new part number. When I get to work today (NAPA Auto parts) I will see if there is a cross reference to a Napa Gold filter and post it.

I ran into this a few weeks ago with customer who just bought an '08 Ram, and the Napa Gold 1085 would not fit the threads. This was a 4.7 V8 so it isn't just the hemi. Luckily I warned him that the 1085 wasn't listed for a 2008 so he wasn't completely pi$$ed at me when it didn't fit!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow it took me forever to find this thread with the filter number. Glad I did though it is good info for all hemis.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know, old thread. Just found out mine has the bigger threads. Does anyone know why the made the switch? Seems to be a temporary thing as the later years are back to the 3/4" threads. Is there a way to change it?

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I know, old thread. Just found out mine has the bigger threads. Does anyone know why the made the switch? Seems to be a temporary thing as the later years are back to the 3/4" threads. Is there a way to change it?
why change it? Just use the correct filter! :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
They didn't change it back. It's been M22x1.5 since the change. If you really want to change it back (and risk having someone put the wrong filter in), you can replace the nipple that the filter spins onto. Just get one from an '06 or early '07 car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts