Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are currently experiencing MYGIG software issues, I thought I'd give you a HEADS UP! Most dealers are not even aware of this problem yet. So you may contact Gill Michael direct and expect to receive a prompt reply. From reading other forums, this guy is GOOD.

[email protected]
Michael Gill
Product Marketing Support
Asian Accounts
Harman/Becker Automotive Systems
39001 W. 12 Mile Road
Farmington Hills , MI 48331

(office) 248.994.2727
(cell) 248.202.0775

·
Registered
195 Posts
THERE ARE TSBs (YOU CAN FIND THEM ON THIS SITE)FOR VARIOUS MY GIG ISSUES.DEALERS HAVE THEM ON THEIR COMPUTORS IN FRONT OF THE SERVICE MANAGER EVERY DAY.THEY ARE TO LAZY TO PRINT THEM OUT AND EDUCATE THEIR TECHS ON RESOLUTIONS TO PEOPLES PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CARS.NO EXCUSE WHY THIS SITE KNOWS MORE THAN THEY DO.

·
Registered
734 Posts
THERE ARE TSBs (YOU CAN FIND THEM ON THIS SITE)FOR VARIOUS MY GIG ISSUES.DEALERS HAVE THEM ON THEIR COMPUTORS IN FRONT OF THE SERVICE MANAGER EVERY DAY.THEY ARE TO LAZY TO PRINT THEM OUT AND EDUCATE THEIR TECHS ON RESOLUTIONS TO PEOPLES PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CARS.NO EXCUSE WHY THIS SITE KNOWS MORE THAN THEY DO.
Take the caps lock off for heavens sake..

Secondly, What will this guy do for people who don't live where he's located?

I get freezing up of my unit a lot, also the stations don't change even tho the button for the other station is highlighted.. and much more

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He had indicated that the new software update will be complete and ready to be shipped within 2-3 weeks time. He has a series of questions to ask in connection to your problems. It seems to be a part of his diagnosis.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
The upcoming software upgrade (9.7xx) will address a lot of known issues, as well as other improvements, such as:

- Graphics Accelerator for faster 3D map performance.
- Sirius Speed and Flow information added to large metropolitan areas (Red, Yellow, Green Street traffic flow conditions).
- Process data (Non-surveyed map data) will be used in the route calculation with a warning popup.
- Faster Point of Interest look up.
- New Bluetooth Drivers to fix UConnect phone operation including the Motorola V3m.
- Update of firmware for the 30GB (2008) HDD to prevent master cylinder corruption.
- Wrangler support of Mopar microphone using a CAN message of engineering menu.
- Play songs from same album in order of track number.
- A more robust application update download.
- Navigation database update.
- Gracenote update disc will also be released.

The update should be available within a week...

·
Registered
60 Posts
The update should be available within a week...
Newbie first time poster here, so pardon my ignorance. I've had my new 300c for just over a week now and, being the techno-geek I am, I always want to be on the bleeding edge. May I safely surmise a link will be posted to the source files for this update?
Also, a tad off-topic, but my salesgal (a pretty young thing, but probably not the most informed person to walk the earth), insisted the map data in the MyGIG was updated via satellite download. A great concept, but I'm somewhat dubious. Anyone care to confirm or deny?

Many thanks...

Dechief

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
...May I safely surmise a link will be posted to the source files for this update?
Where there is a will there is a way :)

... but my salesgal (a pretty young thing, but probably not the most informed person to walk the earth)...
Pics?

...insisted the map data in the MyGIG was updated via satellite download. A great concept, but I'm somewhat dubious. Anyone care to confirm or deny?
Not true. Updates still require those old-fashioned circular CD and DVD discs...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where there is a will there is a way :)

Any update on when they're going to be willing? Seems they've missed a planned release date or two already...

Pics?

Uh.... No. LOL

Not true. Updates still require those old-fashioned circular CD and DVD discs... That's what I thought. Thanks...

·
Registered
3 Posts
4th MyGIG radio in our 2008 300

My car's been in the chrysler dealership for the last 11 days with no end in sight. The dealership in on their 4th MyGIG radio in our 2008 300. a Module Falure came first, then the screen started going blank, then the voice activation/changing system failed, then worked, then when pushing the voice prompt to change stations by voice comand the phone part would come on. No we didn't push the wrong button, it did the same for the dealer. The dealer, Hendrickson Chrysler in Monticello IN told us yesterday, they don't have any idea what to do? I asked if they could upgrade the radio, they said sure for $1900. Meanwhile, we're stuck with a loner and no 300.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem with upgrage

I have installed the update I just recieved from Chrysler, now I get ramdom reboots and feedback on my phone. I just reinstalled the update i will report back if this helps.
Received and upgraded software for mygig this past week.
Geoff

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the new 9.8 Ver installed and it seems to have resolved all my problems. I now have to figure out how to get my Address book to download.Thanks For the help!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I have the new 9.8 Ver installed and it seems to have resolved all my problems. I now have to figure out how to get my Address book to download.Thanks For the help!
The phonebook should automatically upload to your MyGig, but it can take a little while depending on how many entries you have.

Bernie

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hear you Mr. Priest. I'm also on my second MyGIG. Nav did not work when I took it off the showroom floor so they put in a new unit. Now the new one is showing "Module Failure". Going to take it back in this week just as soon as all this snow clears up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mygig still acts up on occation

The dealer downloaded the new software but after it kept happening, they discovered that they needed to add a chip in the "OLD" MyGig radio I had, as it was an older model radio that was installed in my new car. When they replaced the radio, they replaced it with the same "OLD" model that was taken out. They have most likely ran out of the older model MyGig's by now, but it's hard telling how many got stuck with "OLD" MyGig radios.

·
Registered
734 Posts
How do we know if we got the older version? Also, what does this "chip' do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts