Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this update today along with the Gracenotes update from Harman Becker via snail mail. It is two CD's with the update being 345 MB. I have a 2008 300C MyGIG, NAV, Sound Group II. It went smoothly except got stuck on Reading Disk Please wait for about 1/2 hour even after I followed all instructions and after I turned off the car. It finally cleared up and worked after I turned the car off and waited another half hour. Gracenote updates to version 881.

I am on Harman International's update mailing list. They have been fantastic in supporting the MyGIG and even responded to a question by e-mail in a few hours on a Saturday! If you feel brave and want to try the upgrade here is a place it can be downloaded. It is zipped and 239 MB.

Oops I can't give the URL because I'm too new. If someone who has longer time in wants to send me a message I can give you the URL to post.

This is my first post on this forum, so if I did something wrong go easy on me! This site also has CD burning and installation walkthrough. In other words all the things Chrysler promised us.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Received my updates yesterday as well....all went smooth. I concur Harman Becker is fanatastic with their customer support.

You can go here if you would like to would like to download. The guy that created this site is very knowledgable. MyGig

Good Luck

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the info! Nice to see these updates and support for MyGig finally.

Bernie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harman Becker

Thanks, Robert that was the link I wanted to post. It was that e-mail from Harman Becker that corrected the horribly misinformed dealer about I-Pod or Creative Zen usage via USB. It does not work and I-Pod compatability will be a feature on 2009 MyGIG's and will not be a firmware upgrade for earlier models. By compatablity I mean the ability to control and read a player via the USB port. Of course the aux input works but not as advertised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts