Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 1/2 month old 300c has the new automatic oil change indicator. It just went off with only 2500 miles. Any other 2008 owners have theirs go off yet?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is not showing as yet but my car only has 2500 km on it ( Canada).
I wonder if this mileage alert is adjustable ?
Geoff

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do you have Navigation?
Did the message appear on the Nav screen?
If this is where the alert came from, then it will be setable through vehicle settings in the Nav menu.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haven’t seen it myself. I have just over 3k on mine, but have done two oil changes already.

From the 2008 Warranty Information booklet pages 41-42….

“The oil change indicator system will remind you that it is time to take your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance.
On Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) equipped vehicles “Oil Change Required” will be displayed in the EVIC and a single chime will sound, indicating that an oil change is necessary.
On Non-EVIC equipped vehicles, “Change Oil” will flash in the instrument cluster odometer and a single chime will sound, indicating that an oil change is necessary.
Based on engine operation condition, this means that service is required for your vehicle. Have your vehicle serviced as soon as possible, within the next 500 miles.
The oil change indicator will not monitor the time since the last oil change. Change your vehicle’s oil if it has been 6 months since your last oil change even if the oil change indicator message is NOT illuminated.
Change your engine oil more often if you drive your vehicle off-road for an extended period of time.
Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 6,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first.
Your dealer will reset the oil change indicator message after completing the scheduled oil change. If this scheduled oil change is performed by someone other than your dealer, the message can be reset by referring to the steps described in the Owner’s Manual.”

I looked through the Owner’s Manual, but couldn’t find anything mentioning the oil change indicator system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had changed the oil on the 08 300c SRT at about 2000 miles at a independent shop. This AM (about 2500 miles on clock) cranked it up...here comes the EVIC oil change reminder to "contact dealer"....Went to dealer and had them "disable" this service reminder with the starscan...takes only a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Ya the alert is programmable. My suburban I had did the same thing you had to reset it that kinda sucks if the dealer has to do it for you on the 300 in the burban you did yourself easily

·
Registered
9 Posts
usnis0922: I think that on the 08's with Mygig, the service reminder can only be turned off with the Starscan. Since I had this disabled, it hopefully, will not pop up again.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
My 06 does that through the nav. It also does the tire rotation. This is not a new option other than it might have changed places where it shows.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
My 3 1/2 month old 300c has the new automatic oil change indicator. It just went off with only 2500 miles. Any other 2008 owners have theirs go off yet?
A lot of 2008 owners have reported that the first message has come up at 2499 miles, seems like this interval is programmed in for some reason, not sure if it will reappear at 5k miles, etc, or if it will go to its "auto" mode after that.

...Went to dealer and had them "disable" this service reminder with the starscan...takes only a few minutes.
No need for a service visit, you can reset it yourself in a few seconds:

1. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine.
2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.

Repeat the process if the indicator does not reset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts