Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are SRT Design seats made of real leather/ suede or not?

I cannot find clear answer. For SRT8 spec says "leather" and for SRT Design it says "performance seats". What does it mean?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Are SRT Design seats made of real leather/ suede or not?

I cannot find clear answer. For SRT8 spec says "leather" and for SRT Design it says "performance seats". What does it mean?
Can't find pics. Hopefully someone else has some. The 'Design' seats are identical to the SRT8 seats except for the 'SRT8' logo on the top of the seatback (where the middle of your shoulders rest). My '07 has the Chrysler winged logo embossed in the leather there. I think I've seen that the '08s have the 'SRT' part of the logo there, but don't quote me. The SRT8s do, or at least did, have the 'SRT8' logo there. I've read that some of the new SRT8s only have the 'SRT' part there, which might make them identical in every respect. They're all "leather-trimmed" with suede inserts for your butt and back - leather (and suede) on the surfaces that touch your body; vinyl on the lower surfaces and seat backs.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Yeah, the seating surfaces are leather, the suede is microfiber (I think, they call it preferred suede, it's a brand), and the back of the front seats = vinyl, also yep.

*shrug* That vinyl is damn tough, lol. And the leather is so buttery ^_^

Just don't decide to sit in your car in your underwear because you want to enjoy the leather, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts