Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In April I upgraded to a 2008 SRT design. I recently ordered a carbon fiber air hammer and was lookin under the hood yesterday to see if anything was different from my '05 300C so that once it does arrive I can install it with no probs. However, upon inspection I noticed there was now some kind of tube coming from the top portion of the intake. What is that????

haha.....not being very knowledgeable myself about cars I thought I'd post the question here before my intake arrives so I can eventually install it without hassle.

I know the last time I put a new intake on my '05 300c all I had to worry about was removing the temperture sensor and then plugging it back into the new intake, but I was not quite sure I need to do with this other hose/tube.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
sounds like you are just referring to a vacuum hose. there will be a place on the airhammer to connect it to, if im not mistaken. at least, the pictures i have been looking at have it. im pretty sure mine had it too. nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Silencer is just another compartment that's a pretty good size.. It wouldn't be in the form of a hose. My bet is a Vacume hose, but the best way to be 100% sure is to take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
There is a crankcase vent tube that connects to the intake runner from the oil cap neck . I have removed this connection and put a small filter on it. Between it and the PCV I was getting to much oil in the intake..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts