Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about getting a new work car (that time of the year) and test drove a new Jeep SRT8 on Friday, it went well but due to my height my head hit the roof so I have now decided that I will get a 2008 SRT8 but have heard whispers of a series 2 in the wind with a different interior and rear lights? Has anyone heard of this or know anything as I wanted to place the order this week for the SRT8 but wont if there was a new one around the corner.

Also any suggested SRT8 Mods as I need to list them now to get work to pay for them :biggrin:

Regards

Brendon

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
The 2008 versions of the 300C including the SRT8 are available now. Only minor updates, like improvement to the interior hard plastics and boot mounted stop light, etc..

There are run-out deals on old stock too.

Mods depend on what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
I’m thinking about getting a new work car (that time of the year) and test drove a new Jeep SRT8 on Friday, it went well but due to my height my head hit the roof so I have now decided that I will get a 2008 SRT8 but have heard whispers of a series 2 in the wind with a different interior and rear lights? Has anyone heard of this or know anything as I wanted to place the order this week for the SRT8 but wont if there was a new one around the corner.

Also any suggested SRT8 Mods as I need to list them now to get work to pay for them :biggrin:

Regards

Brendon
Hi mate,

There is a Series 2 coming out. Main differences are mostly minor cosmetic stuff. New boot with integrated stop light, nicer finish on the interior trim plastics, revised center console with a MyGig touch screen set up. I think the SRT8's also get adaptive cruise control. I believe the power outputs have remained the same. Price has gone up $2000 as well for the SRT8.

Hope that helps. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in!:)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Also an external roof mounted aerial has been added to eliminate poor reception issues. Especially with tinted windows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Order

Thanks for that guys Waneroo Chrysler confirmed a Brilliant Black series 2 SRT8 for me today, Delivery in June.

Order placed today with Billet Grill and DVD, so watch this space.

Anyone want a 07 5.7 300c? Steel Blue

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer has confirmed the My gig and the Adaptive Cruise and interior change, no one can say if it will have the 6.1 or 6.4 lt v8? so come on june.

At least I have my order in early so should be first cab of the rank so to speak.

They are getting a spec list sent to me so as soon as I get it i will scan and post it.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
The dealer has confirmed the My gig and the Adaptive Cruise and interior change, no one can say if it will have the 6.1 or 6.4 lt v8? so come on june.

At least I have my order in early so should be first cab of the rank so to speak.

They are getting a spec list sent to me so as soon as I get it i will scan and post it.
6.4l???? haven't heard anything about that. Where did you hear that info?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked with the dealer again and apparently its planned for the next years model?? no probs luckily I get to change my work car every year.

:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Brendon,
Congrats on your order of the new SRT8. Some features you will get over and above your series 1 300C are;
- MyGig radio system with navigation
- Revised darker interior and dashboard
- Red brake calipers
- Adaptive cruise
- Revised boot and tail light assembly
- LED ambient lighting
- Tip start
It will also remain as a 6.1L 317kW engine no change from series 1.

Cheers, Aaron

·
Registered
750 Posts
Brendon,
Congrats on your order of the new SRT8. Some features you will get over and above your series 1 300C are;
- MyGig radio system with navigation
- Revised darker interior and dashboard
- Red brake calipers
- Adaptive cruise
- Revised boot and tail light assembly
- LED ambient lighting
- Tip start
It will also remain as a 6.1L 317kW engine no change from series 1.

Cheers, Aaron
Are you saying the nav headunit that the USA gets is going to be in the new srt8's?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts