Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and found all of the VIN decoding posts here. I would like to know what the VIN numbers mean in the following VIN:
2C3LA73WXXXXXXXXX

I particularly want the LA73W info. I think they are the type restraint system, type engine,model series and body style but am not sure. I know what the other letters and numbers mean. I did a Google search and came up with nothing for the Vehicle Description Section (VDS) which are these characters. Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bernie. I saw that in a previous post here. Thanks. It does not decode the characters that I want. The characters I want are part of the Chrysler Vehicle Description section of the VIN. I can't find them anywhere. Best regards, Bob.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I have searched and found all of the VIN decoding posts here. I would like to know what the VIN numbers mean in the following VIN:
2C3LA73WXXXXXXXXX
2 = Country of Origin (2=Manufactured by DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc.)
C = Make (C=Chrysler)
3 = Vehicle Type (3=Passenger Car)
L = Restraint System (L=Restraint System Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags Sales Code (CG3) With Side Air Bags Sales Code (CGS).)
A = Vehicle Line (A=300/300C/SRT-8/Charger (RWD) (LWD).)
7 = Series (7=X Special) (SRT)
3 = Body Style (3=4 Door Sedan Tall)
W = Engine (W= 6.1L V8 CYL SRT HEMI Gasoline SMPI, Sales Code (ESF).)

--Vinny--

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. You always are full of information. I really do appreciate it. That's exactly what I needed. Best regards, Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts