Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement harness that Chrysler seems to have stopped making . The part number is 05089021ac. Any ideas where I could find one ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can probably get you a used one. What model are you working on and options on the door. Does it have Infinity sound and memory buttons for the seats?
Kind of an old post, but I opened up the door, and the boot in the hinge area to find the broken wire on mine. I had to unplug it at the hinge area, pull it all out through the speaker hole, solder and shrink wrap it again. Apparently not an uncommon issue. A couple years later now, my door lock switch is not working. I suspect the same issue, but I'm not opening up that thing again. I found a youtube video showing the repair procedure when my driver's door locks stopped working altogether and repaired the green wire. It was obviously broken.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kind of an old post, but I opened up the door, and the boot in the hinge area to find the broken wire on mine. I had to unplug it at the hinge area, pull it all out through the speaker hole, solder and shrink wrap it again. Apparently not an uncommon issue. A couple years later now, my door lock switch is not working. I suspect the same issue, but I'm not opening up that thing again. I found a youtube video showing the repair procedure when my driver's door locks stopped working altogether and repaired the green wire. It was obviously broken.
Yes, broken wires at the hinge points is pretty common. They really didn't use the best wire for that application. It should have been maybe a gauge heavier and fine strand wire so it could take the flexing better.
Instead, they used course strand wire, maybe 5-6 heavy strands. That and they didn't allow for much extra wire to spread the stress over a larger area. Quad cab Rams are terrible about breaking the wires on the rear doors. I take two harnesses and merge them together so I can get a decent amount of wire between the door and pillar. Usually like to get 1 coil if possible plus merge rubber bellows that protect the wires.
One door harness was full of butt connectors for each wire. The really makes it bad as the connectors are 1" long and rigid. You really kink the wires up then and usually break them off even shorter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts