Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Active damper system that allows driver to select between auto and sport modes...

System comprised of four new 3-position dampers, three accelerometers and a controller...

Integrates existing CAN system to understand throttle position, steering wheel angle, brake torque and lateral acceleration...

--RS--

·
Registered
27 Posts
What I'd like to see is something like the Bose Suspension system: YouTube - Bose Suspension

The way it handles speed bumps is amazing (the car stays completely level...).

·
Registered
169 Posts
What I'd like to see is something like the Bose Suspension system: YouTube - Bose Suspension

It does perform well, but the ride height looks a little higher :thumbsdow

cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts

That's fine and dandy, but the fact remains, how much would YOU be willing to have the cost of that system tacked on to the base price of your new SRT8? Knowing Bose it'll be anything but cheap. It's also totally unrealistic to think Chrysler or most any other maker would consider putting something like this as OEM in any vehicle and still maintain the target market IMO.

Bernie

·
Registered
541 Posts
That's fine and dandy, but the fact remains, how much would YOU be willing to have the cost of that system tacked on to the base price of your new SRT8? Knowing Bose it'll be anything but cheap. It's also totally unrealistic to think Chrysler or most any other maker would consider putting something like this as OEM in any vehicle and still maintain the target market IMO.

Bernie
Excatly. Mercs (the SL and CL I believe) have had similar technologies for a while. IIRC it adds a reasonable amount to the car - somewhere around $20k - but don't quote me on this number, as it's from memory.

I'd pay an extra $20k to have this in a Merc if I drove one and liked it. But I'd never put it into the Chrysler unless it were substantially cheaper (say, >$5k).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like my car the way it is too much crap a lot harder to fix.Try buying one of those shocks after warrantys done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
How much performance would it add?? Seems like it would add more ride quality and another electronic nanny more than anything.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Active damper system that allows driver to select between auto and sport modes...

System comprised of four new 3-position dampers, three accelerometers and a controller...

Integrates existing CAN system to understand throttle position, steering wheel angle, brake torque and lateral acceleration...

--RS--
Is this planned as an OE option, OE SRT 8 or aftermarket?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts