Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I was kickin it down on santana row in san jose last night having some wine with the wifey and we are on our way back to the 300 and down the street rolls a 09 orange challenger!!!!!! No plates sick as f***..people are going up to it and talking to the guy as he is driving. I snapped a quick pic wit my camera phone to show the fellas at the shop today! I can say that car is freakin sick! Looked good sounded good and was def. getting jocked! Shoot I didn't even know they were available yet!! Right on dodge!:fing02: Looking good!!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah, I just saw my first one in person last week in orange and that thing is awesome. I bet you get more attention in that car right now than any ferrari would. Just plain nasty looking:fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I think the Challenger is going to have all the street cred for now, if anything, it'll completely destroy the Camaro in that, by the time the Camaro comes out, there will be tons of V6 Challengers all over the place. XD

Then again, 3 years down the road when you can walk into Pep Boys and buy a CAI, and thanks to the shoddy tuning job GM did, get 50HP off it, or get a supercharger kit and make 250+ HP off the damn LSX engine, well geez XD

We'll still be *@#%ing around with tuners and air/fuel mixtures, etc.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I saw my first one here in Atlanta on the road.
Silver. My first impression is that its quite a large coupe...but very nice indeed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I saw one yesterday as well. You know what my reaction was? "Huh...I think that's the new challenger over there" I'm incredibly underwhelmed by the car.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
I think 10 years down the road it might still end up as a sort of classic, because Dodge didn't go overboard with the "ZOMG I WANT TO CUT YOUR BALLS OFF AND SHOVE THEM IN A BLENDER!" look that almost everyone else (GM included) is doing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Challenger delivered to dealer without the keys

The Challenger showed-up yesterday at Spitzer Dodge in Homestead Florida. It was delivered WITHOUT the keys!!!

Sweet looking ride...however, it's locked-up tight so even the staff at the dealership can not open to look inside...that's messed up.:pat:

Also...it has a $56,000 sticker price due to the add premium of being an early owner.

Dreamin' :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
onthelo, How could you tell it was an 09. I have one ordered!

·
Registered
931 Posts
onthelo, How could you tell it was an 09. I have one ordered!
it wasnt. since 09's will not go into production for another while.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
To me, seeing Challengers around are no longer a 'spotting'. They are now working their way around the streets from the dealership lots and will be more of a common occurrence although an exciting one to see no less.

I certainly wouldn't mine owning the SRT version in black, of course.

bruno

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couldnt tell what is was i just knew it was new. Around these parts even in the expensive area of santa row(bay area peeps can chime in on this one) You will barely ever see something like the challenger usually it boost a bunch of ferrais(sp) and lambo's! Pretty soon Im sure ill see more on the street but with a sticker in the mid 60k's not too likely. Cool car tho. When i got home i checked the local craigslist and they have them for sale around 63k it seems...although i just seen one for 55k ....thats allot of cash!! sweet ride tho!! Hope to see more at the upcoming shows!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Couldnt tell what is was i just knew it was new. Around these parts even in the expensive area of santa row(bay area peeps can chime in on this one) You will barely ever see something like the challenger usually it boost a bunch of ferrais(sp) and lambo's! Pretty soon Im sure ill see more on the street but with a sticker in the mid 60k's not too likely. Cool car tho. When i got home i checked the local craigslist and they have them for sale around 63k it seems...although i just seen one for 55k ....thats allot of cash!! sweet ride tho!! Hope to see more at the upcoming shows!!!

MSRP is only about 51k fully loaded in canada. and i think it is close to 46k down in the states. if you shop around, you can find dealers that will sell for MSRP. anything higher you find, is just greedy dealers, marking them up. since they know people will pay it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah they said they are pricing them like 5k over msrp just cause the area we live in! Crazy!!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I don't know about any 09's around London, but there was a silver one on my street yesterday. There's also a wrecked orange one at my dealership's body shop. It doesn't take long I guess.

Bernie

·
Registered
618 Posts
I ordered '09 SRT Orange 6 speed on 24th June. Blind faith. 1 week later I got taken for a spin in one ('08) by the boys at PPP. It felt good, real good! Last week at Mopar Magic in Cornwall On. I saw 2, 1 American car and 1 Canadian "500" model.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't know why the prices are jacked up in some places. I will be straight with you. On 1 July I ordered an 09 Challenger SRT(black) and got it at invoice. I will pay $40,913 plus tax( limited in S.C. TO $300) and tag transfer.It is automatic with all options but sunroof(if I want sun I will get out of the car)!
Don't get taken, there are deals out there! Oh yeah, I got a $500 military discount in there too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw a black one yesterday in Montreal. My brother in law works at a Dodge dealer in Montreal and he calls me up at around noon to let me know that the Challenger is there. I was finishing at 4 so right after work, went there and the Challenger was parked right in front of the door. :arms:

What i car i must admit. I started to take a few pics and the salesman and the new owner comes out....talked with him a bit....super cool guy. Lucky him, he was waiting for some paper works to be done and he was able to drive home the same day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts