1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Lots of good photo angles there Mike... be interesting to see what happens when it's finally on the lot. I sure hope it sells as well as I hope so Chrysler keeps up the cool vehicle production!

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
sorry

you know, I am almost sorry to say, but...

The new Challenger has lost me. Heavier than my car, same drivetrain, and the most boring interior ever!

I absolutely love the exterior, very faithful to historic cues and all, but Mopar has to really turn up the heat! You need 500-600 HP to play in the hot cars today.

·
Registered
903 Posts
you know, I am almost sorry to say, but...

The new Challenger has lost me. Heavier than my car, same drivetrain, and the most boring interior ever!

I absolutely love the exterior, very faithful to historic cues and all, but Mopar has to really turn up the heat! You need 500-600 HP to play in the hot cars today.
Seriously, how hard would it be for DCX to simply start putting the 392 in the SRT8s and be above 500hp and be right back in the game. With the CTS-V and the GPX coming out with the 550 hp motor, DCX better step up...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe this ones old to but it answers some questions about the features. Like tire size, etc. I don't get tired of looking at it and hopefully will have one when the 09's come out!

Dodge - 2009 Challenger

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I'd like to just use the Body, cage it and put in a roots blown big block....

Car looks sharp despite stupid corporate types making a retro hot rod with handicaps.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for the link bigsnake. The tires are the same size as the other SRT models. It may just be something with the body that made me think the tires looked narrower.

It is a sharp looking car and will be a head turning for anyone that drives it. I expect to see quite a few of the base models on the road once they hit the dealerships.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts