Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I believe all of them have it because of its durability for handling large amounts of torque, and certainly durabilitiy is a strong point for it. It's important to note that the transmissions in those cars have COMPLETELY different programming. The programming is the big problem here. Are you saying you are completely satisfied with the STOCK performance of the transmission that came with your SRT8? I obviously am not.

If the 5-speed is so outdated why do the following extremely expensive vehicles still use it?
SL65
S65
CL65

·
Registered
236 Posts
It seems like the base "LX" model is now off the 2009 MY lineup. The base model is now called the Touring and it starts over $27,000 and you still don't get ABS and the 3.5L. What a difference from 2004 when the Touring was a fairly well featured car for that money.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It seems like the base "LX" model is now off the 2009 MY lineup. The base model is now called the Touring and it starts over $27,000 and you still don't get ABS and the 3.5L. What a difference from 2004 when the Touring was a fairly well featured car for that money.
yeah, drastic times call for drastic measures... prolly one of the cuts they had to make from bankruptcy filing... i'm just happy they are still making cars at all i guess... hoping word on the 6.4L replacing the 6.1 come true, and i'll purchase my first srt8 for sure...

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I hope they come through with the 6.4L SRT8 too. By 2012 I'm sure I will be ready to replace my current SRT8. I may actually be ready for a new car before the 2012 SRT models are available. I like the CTS-V powertrain, but I'm not too crazy about it's styling.

yeah, drastic times call for drastic measures... prolly one of the cuts they had to make from bankruptcy filing... i'm just happy they are still making cars at all i guess... hoping word on the 6.4L replacing the 6.1 come true, and i'll purchase my first srt8 for sure...

·
Registered
390 Posts
So, did they ever actually produce any 2009 SRT-8s? I haven't seen one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there - I know lots of hemi lovers who would like to know just how many hemi 300Cs and SRTs were produced in each model year from 2005 up to & incl 2009 - would you have these production numbers available or know where they can be obtained - tried contacting Chrysler Customer Service but rather than supporting the hobby with this information they denied the request based on it being "commercial property" wow - no wonder they have slipped to 7th place, people like us who love our cars could be a great source of free promotion for Chrysler if they would only support us and our hobby - talk about being short sighted. I belong to a Corvette Club and must say that GM is only too happy to provide information about their products as well as tons of free GM stuff that we then give away at our car shows. Anyways I have noticed from your posts that you do seem to have access to some production data and so thought that you might be able to provide this information for all of us on this forum - thx from a 2007 300C owner

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, did they ever actually produce any 2009 SRT-8s? I haven't seen one...
Yes, definitely, but I believe that well under 1,000 were built.
Yes, they made some, but real numbers are impossible to find. I wouldn't mind finding out the 2009 production numbers and, if possible, what number my car actually is.

Was 2009 the last of the SRT8s from the "old" body style?

·
Registered
224 Posts
No they also produced 2010's, there is a 2010 sitting in my garage. I would also like to know production numbers for 2010.

201 - 209 of 209 Posts