Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 209 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Hey, and did you notice there's no mention of what we talked about in June?
Yes, and there are other mysteries, some of the "new" options on 2009 vehicles have disappeared or are not mentioned. Also, in the press releases for the 2009 model year launch there is no mention of the 300C SRT8...

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
'Resume Speed'...

'Bumped' for your hopeful awaited response!

Geordie
I have very little info on the next gen 300, they are keeping the info in a cabinet that is tighter than a duck's arse. I don't think that the new styling is going to depart to a point that it would not be instantly recognizable as a 300. 2010 will be the last model year of the LX 300. Production of the all-new 2011 300 will start in July 2010.

Production of the current Chrysler 300 at the Magna Steyr plant will end in spring 2010, they will not be building the next gen models there. Brampton will retool to allow the assembly of LH and RH drive models as well as diesel export models.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have very little info on the next gen 300, they are keeping the info in a cabinet that is tighter than a duck's arse. I don't think that the new styling is going to depart to a point that it would not be instantly recognizable as a 300. 2010 will be the last model year of the LX 300. Production of the all-new 2011 300 will start in July 2010.

Production of the current Chrysler 300 at the Magna Steyr plant will end in spring 2010, they will not be building the next gen models there. Brampton will retool to allow the assembly of LH and RH drive models as well as diesel export models.
OK With that information will a MODERAATOR PLEASE START 2010 and 2011 STICKYS. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY WE HAVE A 2009 STICKY just look at the 2008 lmao. Moderator i didnt mean to shout.. ok i did but i asked for a sticky for the new remodeled 300 two months ago.

Thanks resume speed for the info my intel was saying that 2010 will be a very short model year with some new technologies. and 2011 will be the redesign with hemi hybrid they should have pushed it up a year but what ever

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
That's a tough one, I suppose: You'd think the 2011 300 (whatever it turns out to be), might play a pretty pivotal role on Chrysler's future relevance.

I hope they don't follow the LX the same way that Chevy followed the success of the mid 90s Impala with the late 90s Impala.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Wow! Really a great post there... nice pics! i think the trunk lip and 3rd brake light position, along with the non-hidden cup holders will keep me from upgrading to an '09.

i just wish chrysler would have not tried to skimp on the original models... the cruise control unit is finally like everyone else's more traditional, which seemed like what they were trying to avoid with the original positioning and stick.
the leather center console... my elbows thank u for not making me do this mod myself again.
and, ditto that on the roof antenna... someone is slapping themselves for the '08 design (or got slapped).

but, i'm sure a lot more factors are at play than i know, so they may have the leeway now to make things standard, like the 3 color tails instead of just 2 and the things listed above.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
You must be confused, the 09s are 08s with the lack of the stupid antenna - the interior is still the same as it was on the 08, and so is the rear end.

The 3 color tail lights you speak of, are slightly redesigned 05-07 300C tail lights, which are now V6 only. The 08-09 300Cs have redesigned 05-07 300 V6 tail lights! (You heard that right!)

It's not just asinine, it's stupid, and IMHO pathetic that they couldn't have done 3 color LED tails standard. ****, Chrysler seems to be like an 85 year old guy afraid of new tech, because there's not a single LED anywhere in side my 2006 300C. In fact, I don't think there are any PERIOD.

What's up with that?! If they had done LEDs all around, not only would the car's lights last longer, use up to ~0.5mpg less gas, save warranty costs, produce less heat.. I could keep going on.

I'm glad they fired the old idiot responsible for the Sebring/Liberty/Compass/Caliber, now they need to fire the idiots who haven't insisted on LED everything.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You must be confused, the 09s are 08s with the lack of the stupid antenna - the interior is still the same as it was on the 08, and so is the rear end.

The 3 color tail lights you speak of, are slightly redesigned 05-07 300C tail lights, which are now V6 only. The 08-09 300Cs have redesigned 05-07 300 V6 tail lights! (You heard that right!)

It's not just asinine, it's stupid, and IMHO pathetic that they couldn't have done 3 color LED tails standard. ****, Chrysler seems to be like an 85 year old guy afraid of new tech, because there's not a single LED anywhere in side my 2006 300C. In fact, I don't think there are any PERIOD.

What's up with that?! If they had done LEDs all around, not only would the car's lights last longer, use up to ~0.5mpg less gas, save warranty costs, produce less heat.. I could keep going on.

I'm glad they fired the old idiot responsible for the Sebring/Liberty/Compass/Caliber, now they need to fire the idiots who haven't insisted on LED everything.

Fire the idiot who wants to wait till 2011 model year to launch the redesign and let every other car manufacturer take your market share that you developed.(Five years is too long of a model design. with band-aid refreshes)
Fire the idiot who chooses not to offer the 300C in stone white like every other car in the world.
And lastly fire the idiot who choose not to launch the two-mode hybrid on the 300C instead of the aspen durango.
Once we fire all those idiots maybe we can put chrysler in the black.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Resume speed anyone somebody throw us a bone all leaks have dried up no new info on the redesign, I just heard the design is final. any info on what it looks like or whats in it.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Resume speed anyone somebody throw us a bone all leaks have dried up no new info on the redesign, I just heard the design is final. any info on what it looks like or whats in it.
RS is gone and I highly doubt if you will see him or any new updated TSBs, including all the important links.

·
Registered
609 Posts
OK here is my latest leaked info (kinda mad i dont have resume speed to confirm) The next 300 design has went final it was explained to me as a rounded off semi-cab forward 300C or you can look at it as a mixture of 300C and 300M. Thats a direct quote.

It will launch late 2009 or really early 2010 as a 2011 model it will be chrysler first design with led's in both front and back it will have over 375 hp with over 21 mpg city in the letter form( which letter i dont know but it wont be C) it will have a much more sophisticated v6 and the four speed trans is gone. All models will have an option of twomode hybrid. The letter series getting over 21 mpg city the v6 getting over 27 mpg The letter series will have an option of a 6 speed manual. five speed automatic or twomode. The SRT version will have over 470 hp with mds. The srt version will launch late but within the same model year. The 300 will be the life or death of chrysler the interior will be second to none. Chrysler is well aware of hyundai genesis and the TL's and the MKS. Chrysler will put alot of its cards in one hat with the 300. Again it will launch with a twomode hybrid and it will be sporty, big, fast and priced to compete. Thats everything i got over the weekend.
Resume speed if your out there please confirm.

·
Registered
609 Posts
ok now that the moderators are back CAN WE ADD A 2010 LX THREAD AS A STICKY

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
How about a 2011 thread too? I need somewhere to list the new 6.4L MDS Hemi and the new next-gen SRT Kicker audio system...
Bob sent me this yesterday. Were you CC'ed RS?...haha.

Today, Chrysler has a very strong product pipeline, with a product renaissance for 2010 that includes a new Chrysler 300, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Charger and hybrid version of the Dodge Ram. In September we revealed our electric-vehicle strategy, and announced that we will begin producing an electric-drive model for North American consumers in 2010 as part of a full-scale commitment to delivering environmentally friendly, fuel-efficient vehicles to customers.
Bernie

161 - 180 of 209 Posts