Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think of this 09 Maxima redesign? This car has had an identity crisis for the last ten years or so, but seems to be coming around this time with more power, and styling that appears to look a little bit Altima and a little bit GT-R. I still think Nissan has some nerve calling the Maxima a "4 Door Sports Car" and then keeping it front wheel drive. But I suppose they don't want to hurt the sales of its G-35 cousin.

09 Maxima photos.: Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum: Nissan Forums / Infiniti Forums - NICOclub

·
Registered
87 Posts
we have a 2006 maxima besides my 300c and I enjoy driving it alot. It handles well. The 2009 i dont like the exterior, it makes the car look rather cheap. The 2009 interior however looks nice and tight.

Do you guys think a nissan maxima can stand a chance in a 0-60 with a 300c AWD? Never got a chance to race them agianst eachother. My fiance drives the nissan....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
its looks good but there are so many cars of that nature or style

·
Registered
144 Posts
looks like the new accord, which looks like a 5 serie... not bad, but generic...

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
its looks good but there are so many cars of that nature or style
:smashfrea

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's got more curves and buldges, but it still looks like a 5 series, or a g8, or an altima, or a g35, or a hyundai genesis, or a vw passat, and there's just as many cars with that window line/shape.

The funny thing in response is most people say "Well, what else can you do?!" Look at a 300 or a charger, it's not like the C pillar/roofline is drastically different, they just got more clever wth it.

And it's not that buldges = bad, it's that they're completely uninspired, and only being used to exaggerate proportions, which is fine if you do, but only in a sorta poetic manner.

That said, the new maxima looks a bit more expensive than the old one :) At least they fixed something there, must be the lack of tons of black plastic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i don t like the new look of the maxima 2009,but is a great car for the price,and the 3.5 of nissan is better than the 3.5 of chrysler.

·
Registered
70 Posts
too small, maximas have lust their luster. basically the same size as the altimas now. make it bigger and more different than the altima so the maxima can get it's swerve back.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Rear looks like a Camry....

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think Nissan is really reusing their interior designs from the upper models and cheapening them.

The redesigned interior of the G series to me looks like they borrowed alot of it from the M series and now trickles down to the Maxima.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
no way

no matter what they tweak, it's still WRONG WHEEL DRIVE!

Yeah, they handle "well". Compared to other FWD platforms. And they are respectably quick, too. I actually liked the previous gen models, we've got one in the family (daughters). Great car as long as the road is straight.

I just can't stand the dynamics of FWD anymore. Probably won't drive one ever again, with any luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts