Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!! :)

Click on THIS to see some photos and to read the official PRESS RELEASE on the 2009 Pontiac G8.

The G8 GXP is going to make the SRT8 sweat a bit. [If not a LOT] It come with a 402 h.p. version of the Corvette's 6.2 litre V8 and a 6-speed MANUAL transmission. Pontiac says 0 to 60 in 4.7 seconds. YIKES!!

If that weren't enough.

Click on THIS to see a surprising version of the Pontiac G8 coming in 2010.

Craig!! :)

2009 PONTIAC G8 GXP

The surprising 2010 version of the G8

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry, but this is FUGLY!!!!!! Are they really going to produce that car?? They didn't learn from the SSR?

I gotta stop looking at it while I'm having my breakfast, not sure if I will keeo it ! lol

[The surprising 2010 version of the G8
[/quote]

·
Registered
55 Posts
you are right guys the ute is ugly as sin, the sedan looks pretty tough though, havent had the chance to run one yet. over here they are called a holden commodore clubsport or r8 (sedan) and a maloo is the ute, and they are current model for us aussies.
there arew a few getting around town so i hope it wont be long.
well have to get it while we can though cause holden announced the other week that they are going to put the 7ltr corvette engine in them as an option in the next year or two.
have had the pleasure of blowing the earlier 297kw maloo ute with my srt when it was stock by about 3 car lengths, should be about 7 lengths now with 423rwhp

·
Registered
410 Posts
Pontiac ohhhhhhh Pontiac.........guys you have to keep something in mind...

Pontiac could make a G12 that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds......however...

IT WILL STILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A FRIGGIN' SUNFIRE!! LOLOLOL

I really dont care if the G8 is faster than my 300, b/c the 300 is a luxury car that looks a million times better than anything pontiac could ever produce.....and dont worry.....chrysler will respond with a faster 300....eventually

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Pontiac ohhhhhhh Pontiac.........guys you have to keep something in mind...

Pontiac could make a G12 that does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds......however...

IT WILL STILL ALWAYS LOOK LIKE A FRIGGIN' SUNFIRE!! LOLOLOL

I really dont care if the G8 is faster than my 300, b/c the 300 is a luxury car that looks a million times better than anything pontiac could ever produce.....and dont worry.....chrysler will respond with a faster 300....eventually
That is so true. Every time I see the grille on any Pontiac all I'm thinking is Sunfire. They REALLY need a complete front end make over.

Bernie

·
Registered
427 Posts
:pat: what a bunch of retards at Pontiac...they plan on TWO more special edition G8s?

uhhhhhhhhhh, bit of advice, try SELLING some of THESE G8s before you plan on releasing more...lord :smashfrea

·
Registered
223 Posts
That El Camino model will sell fewer than 10,000...
...Most of which will be for marketing and promotions and not from people choosing to own one. DUMB car Pontiac. The sedan could have potential... if it didn't look like it came from the CorollaElantraAvalonMalibuAccord School of Design/Sleep Center™.
:sleeping:

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
GM has come a long way in a few short years. They are still suffering from internal corporate issues but still they have managed to change up the entire lineup and I'd have to say most for the better. The G8 is a great example, it's not a 300 it does not look "classy" it looks "mean" and if you look at the interior, prepare to drool... I never thought I'd ever say GM made a NICE interior!

Chrysler should learn from GM's interior design group...

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Well, since I drive and love my 300C I have the right to say this:
We might not like GM or the look of their cars, but they are on the right track with many interesting machines. The G8 is one, followed by the Corvette, the CTS-V, the future (?) Impala SS, the Pontiac "El Camino" (say what you want, at least they have one; we don't), and a few more.
What do Chrysler have that's interesting? The aging 300 and the Viper. That's it folks.
I cringe every time I see them come out with a "new" model. How do you justify the Caliber, Journey, Sebring, those small sh*tty Jeeps that I can't tell apart, Dakota, Durango, Aspen?
Let's hope they will wise up soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had been waiting for the 08 G8 and finally gave up .... Just picked up my 300c and glad I did.... The combination of Chrysler and Mercedes Benz components makes this a good buy for the $$$ getting the best of both worlds...

Now that the G8 is getting close to release its not looking quite as sporty as its initial renditions made it appear, looking more like a 4door GTO and the GTO didnt have much going for it in regard to style. Also am dissappointed that they didnt use the LSx series engines in it and went with L76...

GM is soo late to the punch with this one and are loosing sales as a result (they lost mine for one)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts