Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i just got my third 300 in 4 years and the one im in now is the 2010 S. I gotta say this one is the best yet. The upgraded suspension and steering makes driving this car a whole different experience. And its awesome. I have not been able to compare the power bc im still breaking in the new engine. Although the 2010 has 20 more HP over my 08, im not sure if its noticeable. I can tell that my 08 didn't have MDS and with my 2010 when you take your foot off the pedal you can feel the 4 cylinders shut down and you dont coast as fast. I was torn with giving up the grill set ive had on both my previous 300's. I had the only 300 in the STL area with a grill set like mine. But with the 300 S, the black grill, and black look is what i am now going to work with. My plans include the bumper grills like i had previously but im going to have the inner mesh painted black to match the factory S grill. Also i want HIDs really bad but i like the black housings i have and dont want to pay a ton for the HIDs from mopar. I saw a phillips HID conversion kit that i may go with. if youve used this, let me know how it was for you. Also if anyone can help with instuctions on changing the lights out, that would be great. Lastly, i want SRT type exhaust for it. Its got the 5.7 but if you look closely the rear bumbper is that of a SRT and the stock exhaust looks small. I know mopar has the exhaust i want but i cant find the part number or price, anyone help with that??? Tinted windows will be done soon too. Ill try to get pics as i go along. If my pics show up as links, can someone post them as actual pics for me, ive had trouble before. Dont be a hater if you dont like what ive got, its my third one and a different look than ive done previously but its the only "300 S" ive seen on the road and i mean the ONLY one. Everywhere you look now, you see a 300c but have you ever seen a 300 with that sexy red S???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
so i just got my third 300 in 4 years and the one im in now is the 2010 S. I gotta say this one is the best yet. The upgraded suspension and steering makes driving this car a whole different experience. And its awesome. I have not been able to compare the power bc im still breaking in the new engine. Although the 2010 has 20 more HP over my 08, im not sure if its noticeable. I can tell that my 08 didn't have MDS and with my 2010 when you take your foot off the pedal you can feel the 4 cylinders shut down and you dont coast as fast. I was torn with giving up the grill set ive had on both my previous 300's. I had the only 300 in the STL area with a grill set like mine. But with the 300 S, the black grill, and black look is what i am now going to work with. My plans include the bumper grills like i had previously but im going to have the inner mesh painted black to match the factory S grill. Also i want HIDs really bad but i like the black housings i have and dont want to pay a ton for the HIDs from mopar. I saw a phillips HID conversion kit that i may go with. if youve used this, let me know how it was for you. Also if anyone can help with instuctions on changing the lights out, that would be great. Lastly, i want SRT type exhaust for it. Its got the 5.7 but if you look closely the rear bumbper is that of a SRT and the stock exhaust looks small. I know mopar has the exhaust i want but i cant find the part number or price, anyone help with that??? Tinted windows will be done soon too. Ill try to get pics as i go along. If my pics show up as links, can someone post them as actual pics for me, ive had trouble before. Dont be a hater if you dont like what ive got, its my third one and a different look than ive done previously but its the only "300 S" ive seen on the road and i mean the ONLY one. Everywhere you look now, you see a 300c but have you ever seen a 300 with that sexy red S???
Hi I love the Black grill it looks so nice and congratulations on your new 300
Cheers
Geoff.C:arms:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.i really like the push button start and the passive entry. the options on the 2010 are amazing compared to my 07, and 08. the 08 was nice because of a few interior changes over the 07, but the 2010 has got some pretty cool toys.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Your 2008 didn't have MDS?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your 2008 didn't have MDS?

no it didnt. my 07 did, but when i got the 08 i noticed it did not and i checked the window sheet and it did not say MDS anywhere. I noticed that with the mds it takes a little longer to accelerate, i guess because it has to kick in the other 4 cylinders. my 08 without MDS seems like it had better acceleration than my 2010 360 hp mds v8 has now. i think you can turn MDS off from the evic. but it does help on fuel economy and the car is still pretty quick even with the MDS so i am ok with it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i was looking at the 2008s i noticed that some were built with the MDS and some not. not sure why except that maybe people were having issues with the MDS and preferred not to have it at all. my 07 sometimes shifted oddly and it almost seemed related to the cylinders shutting down and powering up. the 08 i never really had any transmission issues and it had little lag when accelerating.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
well I have gone and traded my 08 V6 3.5 for the 2010 V8 5.7 Eagle I pick it up on Saturday 8th January Iam sure I will notice the difference in power etc. Only thing is that there are only 2 colour choices left here in Australia due to the run out sale to get rid of all the current shape before the Australian release of the new 300c here in 2012. The choice of Silver or Black and even though I said I would never own another Black car yes you guest it I bought a Black one. I loved the Light Greystone on my 08 but! with such a limited colour choice I hope I made the right decision.:pat::arms:

Cheers
Geoff. C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts