Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 300C Hemi 5.7. when traveling any speed the engine feels like it is missing slightly, almost sounds like you are driving over the rumble strip. I have tuned the vehicle up several months age and there was no difference, (replaced all 16 plugs and 8 coils) does not do this consistently, more prevalent when first starting out in the morning. Took vehicle into dealer and they do not know what could be causing this, no codes but they have driven the vehicle and know the symptoms. Anyone have an Idea

RAD Alaska

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a 2010 300C Hemi 5.7. when traveling any speed the engine feels like it is missing slightly, almost sounds like you are driving over the rumble strip. I have tuned the vehicle up several months age and there was no difference, (replaced all 16 plugs and 8 coils) does not do this consistently, more prevalent when first starting out in the morning. Took vehicle into dealer and they do not know what could be causing this, no codes but they have driven the vehicle and know the symptoms. Anyone have an Idea

RAD Alaska
Mine is doing the same crap. I read somewhere that it might be the MDS sensors.

I've changed my plugs, wires, coils, egr valve & fuel pump but it's still having the issue. It's a real PITA if you ask me.

Next on my list is changing the MDS sensors. I was just thinking of deleting them but I really don't want a check engine light on.

Next coming weeks I hope to change these.

Sent from my Space ship

·
Registered
418 Posts
Those are not sensors, they're the MDS Activation Solenoids. How many miles on the engine? Was there an insulation pad on top of the solenoids and intake manifold. Let us know how this works out and if it fixes your problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Those are not sensors, they're the MDS Activation Solenoids. How many miles on the engine? Was there an insulation pad on top of the solenoids and intake manifold. Let us know how this works out and if it fixes your problem.
Over 132k. Haven't taken apart yet

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good show. The reason I asked was because the intake ports on the head are nice and clean. Are you running synthetic oil or dino. oil? Do you have a catch can on it? A couple years ago when I pulled the heads on both my early 5.7 Hemi's to have the valve seats replaced, my (bought used with 49K on it) 06 Jeep 5.7's intake ports were gummed up with what looked like crude oil....gummy, sticky crap. On my 05 Dodge Magnum's (bought new) 5.7's intake ports looked about like yours. I am guessing the PO of the Jeep either didn't ever change the oil or used nothing but dino. oil with long intervals between changes. The biggest problem, at least with the early 5.7's, is the very poor Positive Crankcase Ventilation System. I am wondering if maybe they fixed the problem on the newer ones???

·
Registered
8 Posts
The reason I asked was because the intake ports on the head are nice and clean.
He said he hadn't pulled it apart yet so I'm confident that's just a pic he grabbed from the net not his actual engine.

If I may hijack a bit, I'm new to these and keep reading about a catch can, what's up with that?

·
Registered
324 Posts
He said he hadn't pulled it apart yet so I'm confident that's just a pic he grabbed from the net not his actual engine.

If I may hijack a bit, I'm new to these and keep reading about a catch can, what's up with that?
Yup, not mine. Web pic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts