Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
14,580 Posts
I was baffled to see this on an upcoming features list for the 300C, and it's certainly possible that it is a mistake, trying to find more information...

On the Charger, as you probably noticed, it includes the following:

New: Super Track Pack (AWD) includes anti-lock 4-wheel disc heavy-duty brakes, 3.06 axle ratio, load levelling and height control, high performance suspension and 20-inch BSW Performance tires.
Yeah, I couldn't find anything on that, but I have a feeling information will start to flow again soon.

I wonder if that new colour is like whatever that cool pearl white Cadilac uses is called.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Rs,
Please forward this to the execs. MAKE A REAL BRIGHT WHITE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!....lol, thanks
Hey smoove!
What's wrong with the real white version they already have? Are you looking for one that contains lots of mica? And to think I thought you preferred brilliant black! :pat:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hey smoove!
What's wrong with the real white version they already have? Are you looking for one that contains lots of mica? And to think I thought you preferred brilliant black! :pat:
Lol, if you want a pearl white, don't cheap out, make a real pearl white, not an off white that looks like it could be pearl at a horrible angle. I personally want a bright white that is not available.:pat: BB, come on B, silver all the way.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Lol, if you want a pearl white, don't cheap out, make a real pearl white, not an off white that looks like it could be pearl at a horrible angle. I personally want a bright white that is not available.:pat: BB, come on B, silver all the way.:biggrin:
Silver is cool. :) So, tell me, which car company offers the exact bright white you are seeking so i can check it out.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Isn't safety important to you?

I can agree with you on some of the options, but the safety features should be standard! That's like saying, I don't want to pay extra for anti-lock brakes or stability control. Part of the reason the Chrysler 300 didn't score better in the side impact safety ratings was because of the lack of standard side curtain air bags. Trust me, if you want to put kids in the 300, the side curtain airbags are necessary. Without them, I wouldn't want my kids riding in the back seat. Safety is one area where they should not skimp. Have you seen how high those door sills are?

The 300 is becoming too expensive because Chrysler keeps making previous options standard. Example, side curtain bags are no longer an option on any car and will be included in the standard config.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Of all new colors, those have to be the most dull, boring ones they could have selected. :puke: They should bring back some of the beautiful colors they discontinued.
If they want to do a pearl, do this...

This would be fine as white for me....snow white ;0.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I just looked at the Chrysler website and reviewed the 300c Standard Features. Here are the list of Standard Features that have zero value to me and probably add a few thousand dollars extra cost.
Several of these standard features, such as Sirius, Power Adjustable Pedals, and Tire Pressure Monitoring, were options when I bought my car in 2004.

1-Year SIRIUS Radio Service
Automatic Headlamps
Cabin Air Filtering System
Exterior Mirrors with Auto Adjustment In Reverse
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Power Adjustable Pedals with Memory
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
SmartBeam(TM) Headlamps
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Automatically-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Exterior Mirrors with Memory Feature

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I just looked at the Chrysler website and reviewed the 300c Standard Features...
If you look at the end of post #1 there is a 4-page PDF file attached that lists all of the 2010 Standard features. I hear what you are saying, but if the list of standard features were to be really short then you would have alot of complaints from buyers who felt "cheated" or gouged for having to pay for some of those features.

Starting a couple model years ago, Chrysler has been simplifying the complex array of feature and option configurations. This has resulted in dramatic savings and has allowed Chrysler to offer more standard features at a lower cost. The largest portion of vehicle price increases is not for covering the addition of more standard features, it's due to the price of labor, steel and other rising business expenses. For some of the features you listed that you have no need for, you'd be surprised at how low the cost is once production volumes are reached.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you look at the end of post #1 there is a 4-page PDF file attached that lists all of the 2010 Standard features. I hear what you are saying, but if the list of standard features were to be really short then you would have alot of complaints from buyers who felt "cheated" or gouged for having to pay for some of those features.

Starting a couple model years ago, Chrysler has been simplifying the complex array of feature and option configurations. This has resulted in dramatic savings and has allowed Chrysler to offer more standard features at a lower cost. The largest portion of vehicle price increases is not for covering the addition of more standard features, it's due to the price of labor, steel and other rising business expenses. For some of the features you listed that you have no need for, you'd be surprised at how low the cost is once production volumes are reached.
Yeh, you make a good point about the relatively low cost of options compared to the other costs to manufacturer cars. Options are also supposed to generate very high margins for the dealer/manufacturers. But forcing options and higher prices on the consumer seems counterintuitive.
Maybe the car manufacturers could learn from the computer manufacturers. I just bought a laptop for about $1,300. 5 years ago I bought a similar type computer for around $2,000. 10 years ago it cost me around $2300.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
8 years ago, I bought a 22" LCD for $2500. Today, I can get a 22" monitor for $100. The difference? My $2500 monitor might have had less contrast, more lag, and wasn't that bright, but I could stare at it for hours with no eye strain whatsoever.

The $100 22" has a washed out screen with too much of a backlight, a cheap poorly made case, and the glossy coating on it has more orange peel than a kia.

That, and it's still hard to find a 1920x1200 LCD that is actually S-IPS. If you want one, you can't get a 23" anymore, you have to get the 24" that costs about $600. Dell still makes a 30" S-IPS model, and Apple still makes them in 24"/30" form as well, but they definitely aren't cheap.

Tech gets cheaper over time, but they also make the bottom line lower. Then again, sometimes it doesn't. I've noticed lately some "Free netbook!" promotions where you get a $250 computer free if you sign a 2 year contract for $40+/month wireless internet...

Back in the 90s, you could get a $400 desktop for free if you signed up for 2 years of AOL, and that was only $20 a month!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you guys hear that the Fiat folks weren't too impressed with the 2011 300 design, so they are changing it. They like the 2011 Charger, but not the 300.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Speaking of tech prices... in 1985 I bought a new hard drive for our main computer at work. It was a whopping 350 MB and the price was $5,000.00. I still have it - although I don't use it and it's worthless, I just can't bring myself to toss it in the garbage!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts