Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased new a 2011 300c in June of this year from Riverfront Jeep and Chrysler in North Aurora, IL. After washing the vehicle the next morning I noticed what appeared to be a shattered appearance of the pearl under the clear. After fighting with the dealer, I had a rep that happened to be in town and stated, "I looked like crap and asked if it was in an accident." The bodyshop advised they think the triple coat pearl was sprayed to thick and didn't dry completely prior to being cleared. The result was a separation of pearl. Needless to say the entire driver-side of the car was repainted. A great disappointment after only owning the car for less than 12 hours. Now, I have paint pealing off both rear door edges and also loosing paint inside the rear quarter panels where the door meet. Now the body shop wants to hammer the door edges down so they don't contact the body. I would like to see if anyone else has had problems with their 2011 or other year paint and if so, what the problem was.

Randall

·
Registered
489 Posts
I purchased new a 2011 300c in June of this year from Riverfront Jeep and Chrysler in North Aurora, IL. After washing the vehicle the next morning I noticed what appeared to be a shattered appearance of the pearl under the clear. After fighting with the dealer, I had a rep that happened to be in town and stated, "I looked like crap and asked if it was in an accident." The bodyshop advised they think the triple coat pearl was sprayed to thick and didn't dry completely prior to being cleared. The result was a separation of pearl. Needless to say the entire driver-side of the car was repainted. A great disappointment after only owning the car for less than 12 hours. Now, I have paint pealing off both rear door edges and also loosing paint inside the rear quarter panels where the door meet. Now the body shop wants to hammer the door edges down so they don't contact the body. I would like to see if anyone else has had problems with their 2011 or other year paint and if so, what the problem was.

Randall
My 2012 300s did not, but there were multiple reports of 2011s, particularly ones with special paint jobs (triple coat pearl) that were rushed off the assembly lines at the last minute with subpar paint jobs.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with what it supposed to be a top notch paint job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts