Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 300c. When I start my car it feels ok but when I'm at a stop and I put it in reverse or drive, it idles rough. I took it to AutoZone and it ran one code P0308. Says it was misfiring in cylinder 8. I changed my ignition coil for cylinders 8 and 6, still ran rough. When actually driving the car it feels really nice, shifts good all that. What do I do, I'm losing it y'all. Will my spark plug make my car idle rough like that just in those situations.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Idle will show up a lot of problems: vacuum leaks, PCV issues, dirty air filters. There is nothing particularly special about the gen 3 hemi so generic troubleshooting will reveal the problem. If you've moved the coil and it made no difference, try moving the spark plugs (at least inspect them). Do a spray test for a vacuum leak at that port, have a look at your air filter. If all of those are OK maybe pull your throttle body and see if it's dirty. Do you have oil leaks? Modern engines rely on the crankcase being airtight to regulate the unmeasured air so any oil leaks will indicate an issue that will be confusing your PCM and most often at idle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts