Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
yup i was hoping that they would also get rid of that stupid integrated spoiler and 3rd brake light also integrated into the trunk since i have always thought it looked stupid ever since they made the change back in 08 :(

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
thing is that most of us dont go over 120mph if ever any higher than 100mph while driving on highways or very rarely at that so it is useless during normal driving conditions but i can see how that would help it out but they couldnt think of a better way to at least make it look better or keep it the same without making it look worse? :pat:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I liked the spoiler they put on the original SRT8s better than the integrated one. When the SRT8 model comes out, the spoiler will be necessary, and it will be cheaper to have a one-fits-all part. Hopefully they will put the money they save on the spoiler into the interior.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I also think they screwed up with the exhaust....the charger that is integrated should have gone on the 300 while this one should have gone on the charger.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm not sure yet of the time table for the outsourced units, a lot of the 2012 models have already been "finalized", not sure what a cut-off date (and expense) for something as major as a transmission change would be, I'll see what else I can find out.
Would be fantastic if you can get the skinny on this ResumeSpeed.

My lease on my current 300C AWD comes up in November and if a dual-clutched 8-speed is just 6 to 9 months off, I'm going to just use my GC and CrossFire until that becomes available to engage into another 300C.

(yes, I'm a three Chrysler family and have been all Chrysler for over a decade... maybe I should get a perk or something :cool: )

But if it's way off till 2013 or late 2012, then I wouldn't mind planning on being the first build order at my dealership like I did for my '05 and '08.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Would be fantastic if you can get the skinny on this ResumeSpeed....My lease on my current 300C AWD comes up in November and if a dual-clutched 8-speed is just 6 to 9 months off...
I don't have any 100% information on the time table. Definitely no sooner than the 2012 model year, and possibly not until the 2013 model year. I'm also hearing that the 8-speed will be introduced initially in the V6 models, and later on in the Hemi's.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thread #1 has just been updated with additional "What's New" information on the 2011 300 models.
Thanks buddy! Now all we need is some pics of this mystery car.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Wow. Lots of stuff there to get excited about. Tons of great standard features and cool new options.

I wonder about the dash plaque in the 392 edition; that's gonna either be really cool or really gaudy.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Thread #1 has just been updated with additional "What's New" information on the 2011 300 models.
Wow! That's a lot of new stuff. Thanks for the update!

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
^^^ Hopefully there will be some discounts. I wonder how much the SRT model will be. Too bad only the Challenger will be available for 2011 with the new 6.4L engine.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
^^^ Hopefully there will be some discounts. I wonder how much the SRT model will be. Too bad only the Challenger will be available for 2011 with the new 6.4L engine.

yeah hopefully cause at those prices ill just wait around a few years for a used one lol :pat:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
^^^ Yes, I'm very surprised by the pricing, especially on the V6 models. What surprises me the most is that the MSRP of the 300C is less than 1K more than the Limited model. The Pentastar V6 is nice, but it's a big disappointment that the 5-speed transmission appears to be the one used for launch of all new models.

EDIT:

It's interesting that the 200C gets a 6-speed automatic:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010/10/2011-chrysler-200c-officially-revealed.html

And the 300 gets a 5-speed... "things that make you go hmmm"

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The only thing feature-wise I DISLIKE about Chrysler, is that they continue to make airbags optional - what kinda retarded option is that?! The 2005-10 LXes should have NEVER been offered this way, I hate to think of the number of somewhat dangerous rental 300s out there that have no side airbags because Enterprise or Hertz or whatever thought the extra $800 wasn't worth it.

That was stupid, and bad press too.

Looks like that sorta continues on - and my favorite is the Charger doesn't appear to have the knee bolster airbags the 300 has as an option. Why not?

The rest is cool, the sunroof is neat too lol.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts