Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
They seem to be moving in the right direction with airbags however slowly; side airbags will at least be standard on a few models.

Yeah the prices are crazy. Thank the labor unions for that.

Awwwww.. in that rendition they took the bold handsome styling and morphed it into something rather bland. The new Charger renditions look AWESOME but I have yet to see one for the 300 thats palatable.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
DUDE! Notice the 300c has a black and white LCD (small one at that) and the Journey gets a bigger color LCD on the cluster?! WTF?!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Mods i know double post but it needs to be in both threads i been around since 04 can you give me a pass on the double post this once.

Resume speed I really need to know if the 8 speed will be availble with the 300c in 2011 or 2012 because the 8 speed should be good for another 2-4 mpg which makes the 5.7 hemi a good option, even though either way im getting the 5.7 i just need to know if i should wait and keep the aspen for another year. I would think Chrysler would at least have some 8 speeds for it flagship model but i do understand things take time and im willing to wait a year if i have to. Im ready to pull the trigger at launch but only if the 8 speed in the deal especially because fully loaded your talking 45000 which is pushing it into true lux terriotory and not near lux.
:grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble::grumble:

OK but will it be attached to the 5.7 or the 3.6 only. Im hoping that the 8 speed will be attached to the hemi for better mileage if so Ill wait I understand he said 2012 but in his post but he stated no 8 speed for 300's and not 300C meaning no 8 speed for the 3.6 but C editions might get 8 speeds in 2011 or 2012 or not at all but I just want to know the feasibility and the timeline for the 8 speed and the 5.7 if ever.
I have a 2008 aspen I had a 2005 300C I dont need a new car right now but I was going to dive in at launch but only if the 5.7 has those extra gears. I dont need the aspen's gas mileage in a car but Ill take it if thats my only option. Plus Im thinking about getting AWD but still thinking tho I like the feel and sport of rwd

I just checked with someone at corporate - ordering for the 300 has been rescheduled for November 10th :( .

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

OK Resume speed just to be CLEAR ordering starts now on NOV 10th and im going to ASSUME ( yes i know what happens when you assume) BUT im going to assume that CHRYSLER uses some common sense and show us a picture before NOV 10, but even still ALLPAR, DETNEWS, and MOTORTREND is reporting that the 8 speed will be an option in the 2011 model year. I trust your word over theirs but why wouldnt Chrysler refute what they are saying and reporting with a release or at least a photo and description, of the car because if major news outlets are reporting A and you dont have A it will be a disappointment and lessening the Launch or Refresh even further.

The 5 speed is a poor excuse for a tranny in a 2011 40000 dollar vehicles especially in a sedan, and when the industry has 16000 dollar vehicles with 6 speed trannys its kinda a abomination not to have at minimum a 6 speed in a 2011 40k vehicle. I dont understand why Chrysler couldnt at least make some for its top of the line vehicles, The C's and AWDs, If im spending 40 K and from the displayed prices upwards of 45 k why would i get a 5 speed. Either those prices come down or chysler needs to come up with a new tranny because i can see every review of every mag saying great car, poor mechanics and waayyyy behind its competitors in its price range.

Please write back with some input Resume Speed and Chrysler If you reading this make some transmissions and delay the car a couple months, you rather get it right from the gate then play catch up, people are much more knowledgeable today about their products and options then the past.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
OK Resume speed just to be CLEAR ordering starts now on NOV 10th and im going to ASSUME ( yes i know what happens when you assume) BUT im going to assume that CHRYSLER uses some common sense and show us a picture before NOV 10...
It's *possible* that pics and info will be released sometime in November, but Chrysler has been very erratic this year for vehicle releases, it's really hard to "predict" reveal dates because they change them all the time.

but even still ALLPAR, DETNEWS, and MOTORTREND is reporting that the 8 speed will be an option in the 2011 model year. I trust your word over theirs but why wouldnt Chrysler refute what they are saying and reporting with a release or at least a photo and description, of the car because if major news outlets are reporting A and you dont have A it will be a disappointment and lessening the Launch or Refresh even further.
Chrysler does not have the time to try and respond to every rumor that surfaces out there, they would need a dedicated full-time staff to keep up with it all.

As for the transmissions, they are working as fast as they can to get them into production, but it takes time, the contract with ZF was just signed in June and 2011 models were "locked up" long before that. As it is Chrysler has their hands full with all of the new models and refreshes. They have been out of BK for just over a year now and I think what they have accomplished in that time has been amazing - look at all the new vehicles that have launched or are ready to launch.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Hey RS, how's the reviews been on the Garman nav and new radio in the 2011 Jeeps?

Bernie

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
No V6 AWD?

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Hey RS, how's the reviews been on the Garman nav and new radio in the 2011 Jeeps?

Bernie
Mixed. Some owners prefer the Garmin interface while others feel the maps are too "cartooney". Being a lower priced unit the screen resolution is not as sharp as the RER, but overall people are happy with it. Many Jeep owners are awaiting the new RER replacement that's due in January (model RHR). It will continue with the Harmon based nav, but will also have some new and updated features. Too bad they won't be offering the new 8.4" radios in the Jeep, strange that they didn't design ahead for it. I would expect by mid-cycle they will do a dash refresh to allow for the fitment of the larger radios.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
^^ Thanks buddy! Good information as usual!!!

Bernie

241 - 260 of 263 Posts