Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a picture handy and the car is in the shop right now, but I will describe it.

On the top surface near the left end of the rear seat on the driver's side, there is a rectangular bubble/lump or raised area about 2.5" by 5".

The car was in the dealer for the M10 recall and replacement of the sunroof shade (defective). This was noted when the car was brought in.

The service manager, who has not looked at the car told my wife that the trim shop (not their mechanics), said that this is normal and it is for the air bag in the back seat.

Huh?

This is on the left side only and not the right. It is as if the foam is pushing through an area where there is little or no liner under the exterior fabric.

Does anyone else have this and as outrageous as this air bag story is, does anyone know if there is an ounce of validity to it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
When you get the car back from service, take a picture and post it here. I will go look at my rear seat area and see if it is the same or not. I just went and looked at my back seat, on the driver side, and I do not see a raised bump in the leather.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My rear seat leather has no bumps and both sides match eack other. IMO, when you pick up your car go out to the sales lot and look at other cars like yours. They all should have the same bump as yours if this is normal. Bet you a cup of coffee that this is not the case.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I will post a pic when we get it back. Personally, I think the backing on the leather is missing from this spot and the foam is pushing the veneer up. The service manager said he was going to look at it, so we will see what happens. In the meantime, I didn't remember seeing that it came equipped with rear passenger butt bags (LOL). When I bought my 05c, it had some issues that needed going through. Chrysler (Mercedes) followed through on everything and it was a great car until the day we parted with it. The 11 is an amazing car and it would have been a good experience, but the Fiat pushback totally sours it. The hotline people are polite, but not very effective when the dealer makes up nonsense like the buttbags, etc. Anyway, thanks and I will post the pic.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's full of baloney and I know that for a fact, there are no air bags in the rear seats. The foam is (I'm guessing) injection molded and is what gives the seat it's shape, the seat skin is just a cover that makes it nice. From your description, it sounds like somthing has pushed through from the inside of the seat, possibly from the back. If that's not the case, I'm not sure what would have caused that to happen.

·
Registered
913 Posts
No Lumps.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Almost 40 views and not a single comment...?
hmmm...probably because no one who has viewed this has had a similar problem or has a comment on a possible fix. You don't want them to give you incorrect info, do you?

I think the dealer's comment is ludicrous.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Pics always help too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts