Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up all, so I just purchased 2012 300 srt8 with only 30000 miles. Im far from a mechanic ( I drive them like I stole them and break them, but dont fix them. Lol) Im looking for recommendations on tuners and chips have no idea the difference besides tuner has more options, would like a ram air instead of just a cold air. Or is the hp difference not much between the 2? Any advice on what not to get or must haves would be greatly appreciated.. I'm looking to gain another 50 hp., with some simple bolt ons, let's keep the negativity and bs post to a minimum please, thanks guys looking forward to your imput, its quite overwhelming. And if it matters its a car in the usa. This will be my daily driver and not looking to get to nuts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A true 50hp will be from a larger cam and custom tune. A tune alone can optimise a few things and provide a bit more response and power.

For tuning, the two popular options are Diablosport and HPTuners. I personally used a Diapsport Trinity and added a wideband AFR input to tune by email with Johan/Diablotuner.

The intake and exhaust are setup well from the factory so they would only change the audio note and not provide much in performance on an otherwise stock vehicle.

The first time I had the car on the dyno after a heads/cam upgrade, the vehicle gained the expected 80whp and tq with stock exhaust and intake.

If you want a louder intake, the Legmaker intakes are the best known for performance. I had the True CAI from him.

A custom transmission tune will help as well. I went with one from AJ/Hemituner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A true 50hp will be from a larger cam and custom tune. A tune alone can optimise a few things and provide a bit more response and power.

For tuning, the two popular options are Diablosport and HPTuners. I personally used a Diapsport Trinity and added a wideband AFR input to tune by email with Johan/Diablotuner.

The intake and exhaust are setup well from the factory so they would only change the audio note and not provide much in performance on an otherwise stock vehicle.

The first time I had the car on the dyno after a heads/cam upgrade, the vehicle gained the expected 80whp and tq with stock exhaust and intake.

If you want a louder intake, the Legmaker intakes are the best known for performance. I had the True CAI from him.

A custom transmission tune will help as well. I went with one from AJ/Hemituner.

Thanks for the response.. another question,when going from a stock throttle body on air intake, and uou go up in size, do i need anythimg else to fit it , or the bigger tb will fall right into place?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the response.. another question,when going from a stock throttle body on air intake, and uou go up in size, do i need anythimg else to fit it , or the bigger tb will fall right into place?
Not exactly sure what you are asking but a larger throttle body wont do much either, even if the intake manifold inlet is ported to match.

Intake/exhaust/Tb are all worthy mods but only in concert with a real power adder. Alone they wont do much but wont hurt if you are just after more sound or building a base for a heads/cam or forced induction setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts