Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the upper blend door on their 300c? I guess our cars have three, 2 on drivers side and 1 on passenger. I was hoping it was the lower one and replaced but still getting the almighty clicking noise that is killing me. I can see where it is but not sure how to get to the screws in there without removing significant items. If you know of any special tools that will help the job please let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

Reactions: Larry 101

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone replaced the upper blend door on their 300c? I guess our cars have three, 2 on drivers side and 1 on passenger. I was hoping it was the lower one and replaced but still getting the almighty clicking noise that is killing me. I can see where it is but not sure how to get to the screws in there without removing significant items. If you know of any special tools that will help the job please let me know. Thanks.
I just did this over the weekend it was an absolute nightmare. Did you ever replace yours? I didn't drop the steering column or anything next time i think i will lower that as it would make it much easier to access the two screws. It was an absolute nightmere. i would love to hear from someone who has done this and has any tricks. i used a dornan replacement part and i regret that as if it breaks im going to use the mopar. The clicking started on the glove box side and i replaced the wrong one first so needless to say i wound up replacing all 4. I found everyone except the drivers side upper to be pretty easy with some tool trickery.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. I almost got mine back to normal. For some reason it goes through all the positions before stopping on the one I have it set for. Think I need to have it programmed or something. At the moment I am not worried about it. It was a nightmare to replace the upper one. Think it took me hours of wiggling under there for two d*mn screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts