Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler 300c Executive
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an OSF door handle, because the "Enter and Go" isn't working on the drivers side (UK) and I assume there's a sensor built into the handle. I have found a NSF door handle, which looks identical. Would there be a problem, if I bought it, fitting it to the OSF?

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,661 Posts
I swapped mine over on my 2014 temporarily when I had a problem. Don't see why yours should be different.

Before you assume it's the handle I would take it apart. There's a wire pushed onto the end of the handle inside the door. Mine had got loose and broken by the window. Nothing to do with the handle.

It's a daunting task at first sight but actually straight forwards. Take off everything from the inside of the car i.e. inner handles, liners, speaker etc. Then strip out the plastic inner lining removing wiring plugs etc. Remove the outer handle, you get to a hex screw for that through the rubber bung on the back edge of the door. Remove the door glass then you can get to the wiring inside the door

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I swapped mine over on my 2014 temporarily when I had a problem. Don't see why yours should be different.

Before you assume it's the handle I would take it apart. There's a wire pushed onto the end of the handle inside the door. Mine had got loose and broken by the window. Nothing to do with the handle.

It's a daunting task at first sight but actually straight forwards. Take off everything from the inside of the car i.e. inner handles, liners, speaker etc. Then strip out the plastic inner lining removing wiring plugs etc. Remove the outer handle, you get to a hex screw for that through the rubber bung on the back edge of the door. Remove the door glass then you can get to the wiring inside the door
Wow! That's a bit more involved than simply changing the handle. Think I might give a replacement handle a go First of all. Thanks for the tip though, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,661 Posts
As a thought. Why not just try swapping your existing handles side to side as a check before you buy a replacement.

That's easy by comparison, should take you around half an hour:
1. Remove the rubber bung in the back of the door edge
2. Loosen the star drive screw
3. Remove the small extension part of the door handle
4. Slide the main handle backwards, the rearmost end then flips out away from the door but the front end will stay inside the door. Careful with the front-most part of the handle there's a few cm of plastic inside the door and on the very end is a wire that connects the sensor, pull that out carefully there should be enough wire to get the whole thing out of the door. Unplug and swap to the other side (don't lose the wire/terminal into the door or you'll be taking the whole panel off as above). Reconnect both handles on the opposite sides and see if the bad handle works not. That way you will know if it's a handle or wiring problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a thought. Why not just try swapping your existing handles side to side as a check before you buy a replacement.

That's easy by comparison, should take you around half an hour:
1. Remove the rubber bung in the back of the door edge
2. Loosen the star drive screw
3. Remove the small extension part of the door handle
4. Slide the main handle backwards, the rearmost end then flips out away from the door but the front end will stay inside the door. Careful with the front-most part of the handle there's a few cm of plastic inside the door and on the very end is a wire that connects the sensor, pull that out carefully there should be enough wire to get the whole thing out of the door. Unplug and swap to the other side (don't lose the wire/terminal into the door or you'll be taking the whole panel off as above). Reconnect both handles on the opposite sides and see if the bad handle works not. That way you will know if it's a handle or wiring problem
Thanks, that's a great, and obvious, way to do it. If only I had thought of it!!!! I've bought one now. Oh well, thanks anyway - so obvious!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.