Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before posting this new thread, I went and checked around however most if not all similar posts are related to older models.

A bit about the car. It is a V8 bought used with 25k km. still under warranty and have a gold plan. Now it have 53k km.

In short I have 3 concerns that I face now:

1- One day the car just stalled while I was driving in town. no known issues before. Had to stop, disconnect the battery, connect, start and it was fine. I don't know what caused that.

2- Transmission sometimes don't shift into 5th gear while driving. No codes and dealer didn't find anything.

3- Currently I did a scan using an obd-2 and had error P1521. Oil is changed regularly with dealer so oil type is correct. Dealer flashed the system but still have it. Should I replace any part?

any advice or pointers would be helpful.

·
Administrator
19,609 Posts
Try a PCM reset first. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 30 minutes, reconnect and drive the car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi all,

Before posting this new thread, I went and checked around however most if not all similar posts are related to older models.

A bit about the car. It is a V8 bought used with 25k km. still under warranty and have a gold plan. Now it have 53k km.

In short I have 3 concerns that I face now:

1- One day the car just stalled while I was driving in town. no known issues before. Had to stop, disconnect the battery, connect, start and it was fine. I don't know what caused that.

2- Transmission sometimes don't shift into 5th gear while driving. No codes and dealer didn't find anything.

3- Currently I did a scan using an obd-2 and had error P1521. Oil is changed regularly with dealer so oil type is correct. Dealer flashed the system but still have it. Should I replace any part?

any advice or pointers would be helpful.
mrasj,

If the issue remains present following the flash, I would recommend notifying your Chrysler dealer again and speaking with the Service Manager as well.

Are you able to re-create the symptoms regularly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks MADDOG and ChryslerCACares,

Thank you for your input.

The car was taken a number of times before. Nothing was done or diagnosed.
Yesterday I was on a road trip. While driving, the blind spot assistance malfunctioned showing messages "sensor blocked" and "not availabel".

I stopped by an other dealer to book an appointment in a week.

I will update you with what they say.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
You didn't happen to have an oil change lately did you? Your engine code is a generic one but usually is most commonly popped for incorrect oil viscosity causing MDS issues. But there are other reasons...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts