Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2012 chrysler 300srt8. I see that h and r has lowering springs available for the 2012 challenger srt8. I was wondering since h and r doesn't have lowering springs available for my car if the challenger ones will work? I want the adaptive suspension to still work so that is why I don't want coil overs but I do want my car to sit lower. From researching I have gathered that the adaptive suspension won't be thrown off by just changing the springs. This is how I sit now.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
The cars are supposed to be the same platform. I can't imagine the suspension being significantly different between the two cars. Have you talked to H&R about fitment for the 300?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't talked to H&R yet, I will be doing that Monday.

The cars are supposed to be the same platform. I can't imagine the suspension being significantly different between the two cars. Have you talked to H&R about fitment for the 300?

·
Banned
4,213 Posts
Should fit if you have the 3.30 diff in the 300 (cradles are slightly different between the manual cars and auto cars, had the joy of doing springs on the new 300C and challenger's)

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I would thoroughly research the springs before doing this. The suspension is tuned differently for each vehicle (LC, LD, LX) and the springs for each application are supposed to have different spring rates.

Additionally, the 2012 300 & Charger SRT8's sit lower than previous generations, so you'll want to make sure any lowering spring you get is only going to lower it a marginal amount. Case in point - my 2007 300 SRT8 was lowered 1.75 inches with the TEIN coilover kit, but my 2012 was only lowered .8" with Eibach springs. The end result is just about the same (a little lower on the Teins), but the biggest difference in the amount the 2012 was lowered was because it already started at a lower height. Pretty sure the 300 & Chargers are already lower than the Challengers.

One last thing you need to watch out for is the ADS system. You want a nominal drop to keep the ADS functioning. Too much drop and the ADS will stop functioning and set an error code.

Eibach used my car back in January to do the springs for the 2012 300 SRT8. They were very concerned with the ADS system and making sure that their springs would work at proper heights and not throw anything off. I would check with them for when the kit will be available as it should be any day now.

·
Registered
456 Posts
A shop that sells American vehicles in Germany already put lowering springs into a 2012 SRT Charger. Looks good but no idea of how well it works.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Here's an additional thought on lowering the new SRT8's.... If you have the ACC system, make sure you lower front & rear the same amount. If you create a raked stance (front lower than back), your ACC will be pointing at the ground and will require a vertical re-alignment (special dealer tool required) after which a horizontal realignment drive test will need to be performed. Labor to do the realignment will be a minimum of an hour, but most likely two.

·
Registered
456 Posts
One last thing you need to watch out for is the ADS system. You want a nominal drop to keep the ADS functioning. Too much drop and the ADS will stop functioning and set an error code.

Eibach used my car back in January to do the springs for the 2012 300 SRT8. They were very concerned with the ADS system and making sure that their springs would work at proper heights and not throw anything off. I would check with them for when the kit will be available as it should be any day now.
Is ADS the active dampening system?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts