Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2012 Chrysler 300C. My check engine light came on recently and starting blinking. OBD II reader gave a code of P0803 (Misfire at cylinder 8). I had the car tuned up. New spark plugs, wires, and coils. The engine light is still on and the car idle roughly. I took it back to Meineke and they ran more tests. They aren't able to tell me what's going on. All they're saying is there is something going on with cylinder 8 and I'd have to take it to the dealership to get it diagnosed. Any idea what else it could be?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I drive a 2012 Chrysler 300C. My check engine light came on recently and starting blinking. OBD II reader gave a code of P0803 (Misfire at cylinder 8). I had the car tuned up. New spark plugs, wires, and coils. The engine light is still on and the car idle roughly. I took it back to Meineke and they ran more tests. They aren't able to tell me what's going on. All they're saying is there is something going on with cylinder 8 and I'd have to take it to the dealership to get it diagnosed. Any idea what else it could be?
You have a 2012 300C with spark plug wires?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would say you have a lifter problem in cylinder 8 the tune & new spark Ugandan have magnified it and I would say it’s very early on one way is to take the valve cover off unplug all injectors and coils and remove the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine watch the intake and exhaust valves and see if they move the same distance as the other cylinders. I wouldn’t be driving the car anymore until you have it diagnosed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say you have a lifter problem in cylinder 8 the tune & new spark Ugandan have magnified it and I would say it’s very early on one way is to take the valve cover off unplug all injectors and coils and remove the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine watch the intake and exhaust valves and see if they move the same distance as the other cylinders. I wouldn’t be driving the car anymore until you have it diagnosed
Thank you. It was actually doing that before the tune up and new spark plugs. It idles roughly every morning and and when driving it. After a few minutes of driving, it goes back smooth.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
EGR? Did you have a compression test done?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure your intake plenum gaskets are good, easy job. Mine were cracking at 160k kilometers, no leaks but very close. Swapped them out. Mines a 2014 300c.

Oddly enough intake gaskets being damaged can cause a misfire, and ours is individual per cylinder. A cracked #8 and poof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts