Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a pretty cool article about the Charger cop car:

2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit Claims Fastest Lap Time

By [URL="http://www.insideline.com/about/authors/anita-lienert.html"]Anita Lienert, Correspondent[/URL] | Published Sep 23, 2011

A 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 has recorded the fastest lap time in Michigan State Police vehicle test history, according to Chrysler. | September 23, 2011 | Chrysler LLC

Just the Facts:
  • A 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 has recorded the fastest lap time in Michigan State Police vehicle test history, according to Chrysler.
  • The 370-horsepower 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 completed the lap in 1:33.70.
  • The 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 sprints from zero to 60 mph in under 6 seconds.
BELDING, Michigan — A 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 has recorded the fastest lap time in Michigan State Police vehicle test history, according to Chrysler.

The 370-horsepower 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 completed the lap in 1:33.70. According to FastestLaps.com, the Grattan Raceway lap record is 1:24.90, set by a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 in 2008.

"All four Michigan State Police Vehicle Test Team drivers averaged their fastest times in the Charger Pursuit," said Chrysler in a statement.

The automaker also noted that the 292-hp Charger Pursuit V6 models "held their own around Grattan Raceway, averaging the fastest times for naturally aspirated (1:37.71) and E85-capable (1:37.57) six-cylinder police cars."

The 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit V8 sprints from zero to 60 mph in under 6 seconds.

Michigan State Police testing took place this week, with the three domestic automakers in hot competition to outdo one another. Yesterday, General Motors issued a statement that the 2012 Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle outperformed the 2013 Ford Police Interceptor.

Inside Line says: When you need help, you want it to arrive in record time.

2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit Claims Fastest Lap Time

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more photos

Here are a couple more photos:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not surprised at all that the Charger is the fastest in police vehicle history. Just wait until they put a Mustang GT 5.0 police car on that course ;)

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I passed one of those the other day... bout wrecked trying to rubberneck to get a better look. We've had the older models around here for a while which looked tough but the new one looks absolutely sick. I want one in SRT format please (the cop version with all the bells and whistles!) :)

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have Charger police cars where I live. As a matter of fact, that's about all I see in Howard County.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts