1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Good example of an engine low on torque and it shows in the acceleration times.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, with a big heavy car, you need lots of torque. Here are the dyno results:

Dyno-Tested: 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec

It appears Hyundai horses aren't very strong.

Note that the comparison of the Infiniti M56 with similar power ratings is considerably stronger than the Hyundai.

I think the only positive about the Hyundai will be it's low price because of rebates/incentives. I don't think it will sell well with competition like the SRT8s available. People that don't know much about cars or Hyundai fan boys (if they exist) will be the only ones buying this car. I bet Motortrend and Car and Driver do a comparison test as soon as they can. The Hyundai is going to get it's lunch money taken.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Not to shabby, very E63-esque in the front. The 8 speed makes me happy, though I wonder about its ability to handle the power. Time will tell.

SRT8= Poor man's AMG,

R-Spec= Poor man's SRT8?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
The issue I have with Hyundai / Kia is that this Korean manufacturer enjoys huge subsidies from the Korean government - similar to what the Japanese did back in the 70's. This was called "dumping" cars on the export market below what they sold for on their home market and severely undercutting domestic manufacturers on price.

Eventually the US and Canadian governments slapped big anti-dumping tariffs on their vehicles, forcing them to assemble in North America and buy a % of components for NA manufacturers.

As far as I know, those laws are still on the books.

The question is: Why are the laws not being enforced against the Koreans?

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Updated with direct link to the Inside line youtube video

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
The issue I have with Hyundai / Kia is that this Korean manufacturer enjoys huge subsidies from the Korean government - similar to what the Japanese did back in the 70's. This was called "dumping" cars on the export market below what they sold for on their home market and severely undercutting domestic manufacturers on price.

Eventually the US and Canadian governments slapped big anti-dumping tariffs on their vehicles, forcing them to assemble in North America and buy a % of components for NA manufacturers.

As far as I know, those laws are still on the books.

The question is: Why are the laws not being enforced against the Koreans?

And that's the reason I wouldn't be caught dead in a Japanese or a Korean car. This country has been sold out on every level and every single day more Americans are waking up to find out there are no jobs for them. The latest jobs report claims that for every one job that opens, 4 Americans are competing for it. That means that not only are we competing with our own age group, we are competing with teenagers - our very own kids - for jobs now.

What we need right now is a DICTATOR. Democracy has been corrupted by an uneducated population and kleptocracy. This country is run by banks and corporations. Every single aspect of our lives revolves around a corporation trying to sell us something.

The corporations have closed our factories and moved our work to Asia, yet, Americans are so stupid that they continue to buy products from these corporations rather than BOYCOTT them.

Martin Luther King Jr. proved that when you are dealing with a system that is willing to sell you products but isn't willing to employ you or treat you fairly that BOYCOTTING THEM ULTIMATELY WORKS. Yet - people walk around like zombies as if they are helpless.

Why do Americans forget their history?

If Americans banned together, we could not only FORCE the corporations to retain jobs but, we could actually elect officials with the same protectionist agenda. I'm not saying ALL jobs need to be kept here - just enough to keep unemployment low.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Democracy has been corrupted by an uneducated population and kleptocracy. This country is run by banks and corporations. Every single aspect of our lives revolves around a corporation trying to sell us something.

The corporations have closed our factories and moved our work to Asia, yet, Americans are so stupid that they continue to buy products from these corporations rather than BOYCOTT them.

Martin Luther King Jr. proved that when you are dealing with a system that is willing to sell you products but isn't willing to employ you or treat you fairly that BOYCOTTING THEM ULTIMATELY WORKS. Yet - people walk around like zombies as if they are helpless.

Why do Americans forget their history?

If Americans banned together, we could not only FORCE the corporations to retain jobs but, we could actually elect officials with the same protectionist agenda. I'm not saying ALL jobs need to be kept here - just enough to keep unemployment low.
Right on the head Norm. Just as the left has motivated their base we need to get the independent thinkers out there to stand up and be heard!

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
Right on the head Norm. Just as the left has motivated their base we need to get the independent thinkers out there to stand up and be heard!
Not many Americans can say they've lived abroad - especially in a communist country. I have literally suffered as I've watched China transfer the wealth from America to their shores. Along with that wealth, it feels like we are losing our way of life. Try going through a Chinese airport security. It's GRADE-A quality. Here in America, they treat us ALL like ANIMALS. Color of your skin doesn't even matter. The only people who avoid the problems regular Americans face are the rich. Ain't no TSA for those corporate jets.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw an outrageous airport search where a young teenage girl was "patted down" while her grandmother watched. I hate to say it, but we need to do what the Israelis do. It may not be "politically correct", but it is far more effective and less intrusive.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
I saw an outrageous airport search where a young teenage girl was "patted down" while her grandmother watched. I hate to say it, but we need to do what the Israelis do. It may not be "politically correct", but it is far more effective and less intrusive.
Israeli background checks do make sense and they do follow those with "interviews" so they can get a feel for the traveller. Thing is, they are essentially anti-arab since 100% of all Arabs flying are considered to be terrorists unless otherwise proven and #2 they are inefficient for America.

Israel handles far fewer flights than America does. Think: would you really trust the average American to be able to conduct an interview of the typical traveler? Would you want them in your personal business?

Who would be interviewed? Who wouldn't be?

Now that new "intelligence" claims Arabs are gonna start surgically packing themselves with explosives, the next level of security checks is gonna be ridiculous. Eventually, they'll be checking your love handles for stitches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts