Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
TSB/Recall Forum Moderator
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Um, really? RS has said countless times the 8 speed will be limited to the V6, at least for now. Maybe as a future project...
The 8-sp will be phased in to the V8's starting in model year 2013. Will probably hit the SRT's in 2014 model year (8-sp or 9-spd).

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Interesting info ResumeSpeed. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
9 speed? I haven't even heard of that yet. Interesting.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Resume speed two questions now that we know the prices of the srt8's im going to have to miss them due to price with options will put me in the 50's im only 30yrs old I dont need a 50,000 plus car I can do 45 max though lol. But that still leaves me with the options of the 300S and 300C executive where the pricing looking like their going to start. And with the 300S and C executive can you get paddle shifters on both and how far away is late availability mean build date of 2012 or late 2011.
Bonus question I know you know this probably what is the gains with the 8speed 5.7 that they have been testing compared to the 5 speed 5.7 they have in production.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm surprised that leather doesn't come standard in the 300s and does in the limited. Are there any pictures of these cloth seats and are they any good? I noticed the only way to get leather is a pretty expensive option which would make the car out of my budget range.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts