Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 SRT with a CAI, muffler/resonator delete, and a Trinity Diablosport tuner. I have a nitrous express kit that a buddy and I are installing tomorrow night. Had to order the fuel rail adapter. What can these 6.4's handle safely? 100 shot? Any input is welcome. Only owned my SRT for 3 months and I love the car. Have ran a 12.80 with just a programmer. And whipping ass on the street! Lol.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Up to a 150 shot on stock bottom end... 100 is safe for sure if you run the right safety gear.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
A 25 shot can damage your motor... its nitrous. Tune it right and run the safety setups (FPSS, window switch, plugs etc) then you shouldn't have any problems with a 100 shot and generally 150 shots. Always start lower and build, let your motor get used to the extra cylinder pressure (this is pure opinion).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a diablosport trinity handheld. I have a window switch as well, but was just gonna run a manual button to hit deep in 2nd gear. Im afraid that with my street tires, they wouldn't hook in 1st.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I do have a diablosport trinity handheld. I have a window switch as well, but was just gonna run a manual button to hit deep in 2nd gear. Im afraid that with my street tires, they wouldn't hook in 1st.
Yeah you will struggle in second... I always did. I'd still keep it at 100 shot for the first few tanks. Do you have an extra 02 bung welded in and a wideband so you can log your AFR with the trinity? If not your not getting an accurate reading and I would make sure you can... be a bugger to go lean on a newer car! Pull a few degs of timing if you ramp up to a 150 shot, make sure you drop a heat range plug and run premium... oh and go off the stock tune with spray, not a Diablo one... she's not going to like it! OH...and have fun...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I just sprayed my 06 300 srt8 with a 100 shot...sprayed about 300 ft out I was on street tires...I rolled off the line ran a 2.0 60ft lol...stil managed a 12.1 at 118 mph so in theory if I can spray out of the hole with Drag Radials I need upgraded axles..which I have not yet installed should see mid 11s easy and that was just a little 100 shot if I up it to a 150 oh boy...deep into cage material which im not doing on this car...Now I do run a nano system..1 stage colder plugs...I use no window switch I wired mine off the gas pedal then off that to a microswitch that I press when im ready..worked awesome at the track I did use the 91 cai tune and I also ran 5 gallons of 100 octane race fuel...hope this helps you...

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
I just sprayed my 06 300 srt8 with a 100 shot...sprayed about 300 ft out I was on street tires...I rolled off the line ran a 2.0 60ft lol...stil managed a 12.1 at 118 mph so in theory if I can spray out of the hole with Drag Radials I need upgraded axles..which I have not yet installed should see mid 11s easy and that was just a little 100 shot if I up it to a 150 oh boy...deep into cage material which im not doing on this car...Now I do run a nano system..1 stage colder plugs...I use no window switch I wired mine off the gas pedal then off that to a microswitch that I press when im ready..worked awesome at the track I did use the 91 cai tune and I also ran 5 gallons of 100 octane race fuel...hope this helps you...
Watch that AFR if your staying on a 91 Tune.... I had a dip in mine, gone with the stock tune modified. The race fuel is probably keeping you nice and safe though on a 100 shot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes I think the race gas is good insurance when spraying...also if you think about it the 91 tune is already taking timing out...especially since our cars need 93 octane ...I still want to get a custom nitrous tune too tho...just to be safe...

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also if you are using the trinity you can keep the 93 oct fuel tune.
Only need to go to the spark timming option and retard the timming to make the tune safe!!!

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
^ Holy crap!! You ran three bottles in one night??!!!! What size shot were you on and were you watching AFR, running race gas and pulling a little timing?

Man that sucks... awful... but man you ran a crapton of N2O through that thing!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car ran really well. Was shooting 100 shot through it. Running 315/40/18 Nitto Nt05r's. Spraying dead off the line at full stall. Ran an 11.70 with a 1.6 60ft. Had the timing adjusted correctly as well.

Didn't actually go kaboom on me until 3 weeks later when I punched it one time from a red light. Guess I just pushed it too far with the spray. Dunno.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What was your MPH?....i ran a 12.1 at 118 with a 2.0 60ft on street tires i didnt spray it until about 300ft out....they say not to spray until over 3000 rpms....i also sprayed a 100 shot...on an 06 300 srt8.

When you say timing set correctly how much did you take out?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have a window switch or progressive nitrous to control when is right to shut off the system ??
My car are running with 100hp shot since 6,000 mile and now have around 20,000 and is free of problem. I have NX traction control progressive system to management how is getting in to the engine and trinity tune to go back a little on the timming.

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
Spraying dead off the line at fall stall... post 5 and 7 I made reference to not spraying in first and a window switch. You have no motor as you sprayed too low down, really bad idea. Window switch and being a little bit more conservative would have ended with a different result...this my friends is a classic example of spray happy!

Sorry for your motor pal, that has to hurt. Next one will be awesome if you build it right! If you use another stocker, don't spray out of the hole!

·
Registered
25 Posts
In my setup I started to spray @ 1.5sec delay with a 20% of the spray them 2 sec later we the 100% and of course the system shut off @6,100rpm before reach the rpm limit to prevent detonation.
So far so good without issue !
Next time go a little bit more conservative.
I always use wet nitrous system what nitrous system you got wet or Dry??

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
^ did you lockout 1st gear? Really hard on the stock pistons to spray in first, ringlands won't be your friend.

As for shutting it down at the shift, if your running a boosted line pressure in the transmission then many, myself included, have sprayed through the shift with no problems. But shutting it down is perfectly fine too and on the side of caution.

You should ONLY run wet kits on our motors, the computer well have no idea what your trying to do if you run a dry kit and it won't go well for long.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts