Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Well it sounds like to me I've had a update then. But I'm sure the 13+ aren't like this. They can toggle between, sport, track and both. We are just stuck in track which to me isn't right.
Yours was built later than mine, so it likely came with the updated cluster software already (or the dealer flashed it). The choice isn't sport, track and both, it is sport, track or none. Their sport mode stiffens up the suspension and track mode stiffens the suspension and adds raised shift points. The track mode on ours is consistent with the track mode on the 13+ models. We're just missing the sport mode that does suspension only. I personally have no use for that mode.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Here's how the display looks on mine:

In standard mode...

In sport mode...

and on the display...

Then in Track...

And, the display...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here's how the display looks on mine:

In standard mode...

In sport mode...

and on the display...

Then in Track...

And, the display...
Hmm. I want mine to be this, and I'm not sure why it's not. Thank you. I'm sure mine was flashed but clearly yours is the way it should be.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Yours was built later than mine, so it likely came with the updated cluster software already (or the dealer flashed it). The choice isn't sport, track and both, it is sport, track or none. Their sport mode stiffens up the suspension and track mode stiffens the suspension and adds raised shift points. The track mode on ours is consistent with the track mode on the 13+ models. We're just missing the sport mode that does suspension only. I personally have no use for that mode.
I didn't mean both, my bad. Even if I don't have a use for it, and it's available on Id like it. I don't have a use for the 392 Hemi but look what I own? Lol. Just saying my car visually has the track/sport mode option yet I can only control track mode which tells me something is wrong. So I plan on getting this addressed and fixed especially if its available on 2012+ vehicles.

Sport mode to my understanding is great for daily driving road use, while track is obviously for track.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
You can tell when it kicks in to track mode. The car really comes alive. Feel free to use my pics when you talk to the dealer again.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
....while track is obviously for track.
Doesn't the freeway count as a track? LOL :silly:

I like track mode for everyday driving since it keeps the car in a lower gear making it more responsive at nearly any speed/rpm. For me, it's handy even for stop and go driving.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My display shows "Sport Mode Activated" and I get a sport light on the dash.

Off:

On:

Dash light:

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
My display shows "Sport Mode Activated" and I get a sport light on the dash.
That's what mine was before the cluster flash update. Afterwards, it now says "Track Mode Activated". Functionality didn't change - only the message in the EVIC.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Sport mode does auto upshift in manual mode
Track mode does NOT auto upshift in manual mode.

Did you have any trouble finding this thread in its new location?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sport mode does auto upshift in manual mode
Track mode does NOT auto upshift in manual mode.

Did you have any trouble finding this thread in its new location?
Jotting down mental notes for tomorrow.

I looked in my profile for any posts that I posted recently to find it.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Your a thinker. Just trying to guage the changes made so Thank you

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Dealership finally got around to looking at the car for the sport/track mode issue. The response I got was STARS "based on research for a previous case-it was determined that the track option is only available on 2013 vehicles. The feature cannot be turned on due to hardware differences”

Interesting to say the least. So I have to inform them that this isn't the case considering 2012 late model years do have it. My build date is a late model year and my window sticker states 3 modes as well. The fight continues.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Can understand totally wanting to have it if it was meant to be there but if your like me and always drive in manual mode you probably will never find a use for it.

I use sport mode regularly but in track mode the only difference will be is that it will bounce of the governor instead of changing up to the next gear.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
But I can't use sport mode as it goes in track mode only. Aleast the unconnected screen says track mode activated and the DIC says track mode while the instrument cluster says "sport".

It'd be nice to have it auto shift in manual mode.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know this is an old tread but on my Uconnect says Sport Mode only, no Track Mode but in the EVIC the display says Track Mode activated along with transmission and suspension (Just as in SPARTAA picture on page two of this old post). Can't figure out why I don't have the separate setting for Sport/Track as some of you may have but it's all good. To me she drives better in Sport mode or should I say sport & track mode. Just thought that this was odd, that's all. Good information though.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts