Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shows the options available for paint, fabric & wheels for 2013. Can't say I'm feeing the Luxury Brown Pearl though.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Kinda digging the brown pearl myself - makes me want a root beer.

That color has been in hiding for a couple of decades now...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does anyone know car paints well enough describe the diference between the two blacks available in 2013?

There is a GLOSS BLACK and a PHANTOM BLACK TRI-COAT?

I have see the difference between the GLOSS WHITE and the PEARL TRI-COAT WHITE - but (to my eye) the PEARL adds a slightly offwhite metallic quality which I like. I am wondering if the black does something similar.

I looked at a Ford Edge and they had a 'Tuxedo Black' which was was a black that added these rather large dark grey flakes to the black paint and looked (IMHO) a little cheesy. I am was hoping the PHANTOM BLACK TRI-COAT is a more sophisticated color.

Is there another model of Chrysler out (maybe 2013?) available in that color so I could stop in at a dealer and get a preview? Or will I just need to wait until the 2013 300's arrive to see what it looks like..

Any and all insight and/or wild speculation is appreciated...!

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a colour chart for the exterior paint colours available for all Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram vehicles. Below the paint chip colours are numbers that correspond to the legend to give you an idea what models get specific colours.

The Phantom Black will be a late availablity for 5, 9 & 10 (300/300C, Charger & Challenger), so it'll be a while before anyone sees this colour in person. If you enlarge the pdf to at least 100% it appears to have greyish appearance compared to the gloss black to the left of it.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am very interested in what colors are currently available now for the 2013 300. Not getting any info from my dealer. :Eyecrazy:

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
938 Posts
Am very interested in what colors are currently available now for the 2013 300. Not getting any info from my dealer. :Eyecrazy:
Currently, as of the last 8/16 update dealers can order the following colors:

BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT PW7
GLOSS BLACK PX8
GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC CLEAR COAT PAU
IVORY TRI-COAT PEARL PWD

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Phantom Black will be a late availablity for 5, 9 & 10 (300/300C, Charger & Challenger), so it'll be a while before anyone sees this colour in person. If you enlarge the pdf to at least 100% it appears to have greyish appearance compared to the gloss black to the left of it.
I couldn't manage to open any PDF. Probably user error on my side.

Does the "300/300 C" include the 300 S? I would love to have something other than the gloss colors and silvers that were available on the 300 S in 2012 to choose from... So was hoping there would be a pearl white or, now, this phantom black tri- coat to choose from.

I did a little research online to see if I could come up with any other car models or colors that might be similar to a "phantom black tri-coat".

I have seen "tuxedo black" on a Ford edge and the metal flakes were very large and substantially colorful and gave the finish, in my opinion, a garish 70s type feel. On the Internet I found a "black diamond tri-coat" that Caddilac came out with that also, IMHO, looks a little cheesy..

I personally hope the Phantom Black option is a little more understated than either of those two opttions.

I've attached come photos I found if anyone is curious. The ford and Caddilac colors form a distance and close up.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
You really need to see Luxury Brown Pearl in the sun. Color chips on paper or online just don't cut it.

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
The color white recently took over as the most popular color car just edging out Silver #2 and Black #3.

But the article I read stated that Brown is making a comeback and that Bently, Fiat, Porsche, Mini's are all rolling out brown colors. I like brown if it is close to what I call root beer brown.

·
938 Posts
Up until 8/7/2012 only Black and White were available for order. Currently, as of the last 8/16 update dealers can order the following colors:

GLOSS BLACK PX8
GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC CLEAR COAT PAU
IVORY TRI-COAT PEARL PWD

These are the colors that the dealer is currently able to order from the factory as of the date listed above. Every few weeks the sales codes are updated and dealers are notified of new options available or restricted. The next update has not yet been published. Once new changes have been made I will update the thread.

The 300S models will be available in the following colors:
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT PSC
DEEP CHERRY RED CRYSTAL PEARL COAT PRP
GLOSS BLACK PX8
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT PAU

·
938 Posts
The following paints are now available for ordering as of 9/12:
Jazz Blue (PBX)
Luxury Brown (PTW)
Deep Cherry Red (PRP)
Bright White (PW7)
Gloss Black (PX8)
Granite Crystel Metallic (PAU)
Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl (PWD)
Luxury Brown Pearl (PTW)

·
938 Posts
The 2013 300C Luxury Series to include:
Two-Tone Leather Steering Wheel
Paddle Shifters
Chrysler Napa Leather on Lower Door Armrest/Bolster Insert, Console Armrest.
Poltrona Frau "Foligno" Leather Wrapped I/P, Door upper (Front and rear) and Center Console Side Panels
Embroidered Logo on Front Seats
28 ounce premium floor mats

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paint Colors

It would be great if there were more choices of colors available AND there were actual pictures of the car with each. The patches and simulations are way off so it makes it impossible to evaluate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts