Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new 2013 JV fully loaded including the Harman Kardon upgrade sound over lunch today. After playing a few Sirius channels and finding some music I am familar with I noticed there is very little bass being produced from the audio system. I have looked into the audio controls and outside of jacking the bass up full on the EQ is there anything else I am missing? Is there an on/off switch for the sub woofer? The audio quality is fabulous however the amount of bass is underwhelming for this level of a system.

The car I traded in was a 2009 Heritage and this had much better bass reproduction.

Also, where is the sub located? I would like to check to see if the thing is even running when playing music, it sure sounds like the bass is only coming from the main speakers.

Thanks

I

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the beats set up and I can't really tell anything from the trunk sub... But I have the bass turned up and while sounding good to me I would have figured the sub would kick more then it does....

·
Registered
562 Posts
The sub for the HK system is in the rear deck, towards the passenger side.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Head over to another HK thread. Your car may have come with software "fix" from Chrysler that takes out most of rear sub sound. Original had it plenty but that caused vibration of rear shelf and Chrysler weren't willing to fix that. Thus software modification. As I said, more details in that other thread.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read several reviews about the HK system and they all said that is suffered from the rattling back plastic flap on the trunk or something. I would much sooner have invested a little money than having them gimp the system removing 90% of the bass. Thanks for the heads up, I will check out that thread, I hope this can be fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts