Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed my 500 mile break in period, so launch control has become active. However, when I attempt to use it the car will do a burnout instead of holding the revs at 1850. Anyone have success with this yet? This is on level ground

·
Registered
372 Posts
Traction control on or off?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's irrelevant, its launch control. Its supposed to regulate wheel spin so you get the optimal launch. There's a YouTube video of some SRT engineers using it on a Challenger.

·
Registered
386 Posts
A little more info might help here. Are you saying that your display says launch control is active? If so, the rpms will hold at 1850 while you mash the gas and your foot is still on the brake. When your foot comes off the brake, the rpms will shoot up. While it's supposed to regulate wheel spin, it definitely lights the tires up. I haven't talked to anyone that hasn't had wheelspin with launch control.

If you are mashing the gas with your foot on the brake and the wheels are spinning before you let off the brake, then you may not have launch control, depending on the build date of your car. I have a thread on this in the next forum (SRT performance) that has some updated info.

Cars built before the very end of November are missing this feature and it has to be flashed in by the dealer. Had mine done today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the display says launch control is active. I hold the brake and than press the throttle. The wheels start spinning like I'm doing a burnout

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes, the display says launch control is active. I hold the brake and than press the throttle. The wheels start spinning like I'm doing a burnout
Hmmmmm.....then I'm not sure. As I said, I just got mine flashed today, and I'm shy of the 500 miles so mine just says "launch control not available". Someone else will have to chime in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car was a factory order 2013. It did say it wasnt available until I passed 500 miles. Launch control is one of the reasons why I wanted a 2013 instead of taking a leftover 2012 charger srt8. And I could've got a really nice fully loaded charger for less than what I paid for my Core.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My car was a factory order 2013. It did say it wasnt available until I passed 500 miles. Launch control is one of the reasons why I wanted a 2013 instead of taking a leftover 2012 charger srt8. And I could've got a really nice fully loaded charger for less than what I paid for my Core.
I assume you tried different sequences? Brake then push TC twice. Vice versa? I have no idea if it makes a difference, just trying to guess.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean it seems like a pretty simple procedure. Just tap the TC button twice and follow the prompt in the display. When you hit 500 miles give it a try and lemme know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I mean it seems like a pretty simple procedure. Just tap the TC button twice and follow the prompt in the display. When you hit 500 miles give it a try and lemme know how it works out for you.
Sure will.

Reactions: tone228
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.