Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i recently purchased a 14 300 SRT8, i am getting the mid mufflers cut off tomorrow and replacing it with straight pipe, but my god the stock exhaust is insanely quiet to the point i can't even hear the car unless its WOT, in which case is still fairly quiet. Is there some kind of hidden stealth mode option on the car that i don't know of or is this how they all come stock?

Any input be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a 2014 300C same deal , what I did was cut the suitcase mufflers out of the middle straight piped the middle, then I cut the two resonators off the back behind the bumper and put two flowmaster super 40 mufflers where the resonators were. Hope this helps !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey I have a 2014 300C same deal , what I did was cut the suitcase mufflers out of the middle straight piped the middle, then I cut the two resonators off the back behind the bumper and put two flowmaster super 40 mufflers where the resonators were. Hope this helps !
I chopped the mufflers and resonators off and replaced with straight pipes today, sounds like a v8 now lol. I feel like it should sound much louder stock.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
It sounded so quiet stock because the stock mufflers have a small butterfly valve inside them. They are spring loaded and open slowly as exhaust gas flow increases.

Kinda looks like this:

Even with them wide open it was still quiet compared to aftermarket systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, i recently purchased a 14 300 SRT8, i am getting the mid mufflers cut off tomorrow and replacing it with straight pipe, but my god the stock exhaust is insanely quiet to the point i can't even hear the car unless its WOT, in which case is still fairly quiet. Is there some kind of hidden stealth mode option on the car that i don't know of or is this how they all come stock?

Any input be appreciated, Thanks!
Hey StormTrooper14 I recently installed two Magna Flow mufflers on my 12 SRT8, no mufflers as the car was just straight pipe. It sounded quite awesome with just the pipe but too much for the neighbourhood and still does. Wish I had the 2 rear resonators as that might change the tone just enough too keep most neighbours happy, so I`ll probably put some resonators in. I know of no stealth mode but most people take the factory exhaust off to increase the performance and the sound of hearing the engine unleashed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts