Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 300c 3.6l rough acceleration at different speeds. 120,000 miles.
Originally noticed rough acceleration when p0113 code came up. Replaced air temp sensor. And cleared code. Ran 1 bottle of fuel injector cleaner through 1/2 tank of gas. So have run 150 miles.
Rough acceleration around 1500-2000 rpm and other speeds ( somewhat randomly) continued but no code appeared so far (10 driving cycles) only once did a Check engine light appear while quickly accelerating to 75 mph and quickly and went away (1-2 seconds)
Looked around for worn or loose wires but saw nothing unusual.
Not sure where to look next.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How old are your plugs... air filter clean... checked for a budding vacuum leak, cracked hose(s)... what other sensors have you replace... map? Is this a stock tune? How's your gas mileage? any recent work/problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old are your plugs... air filter clean... checked for a budding vacuum leak, cracked hose(s)... what other sensors have you replace... map? Is this a stock tune? How's your gas mileage? any recent work/problems?
How old are your plugs... original
air filter clean... vacuumed but could be original.
checked for a budding vacuum leak, not sure how
cracked hose(s)... not sure how to check
what other sensors have you replace... none?
map? No
Is this a stock tune? Yes
How's your gas mileage? 19.8 blended (typical) i have had the vehicle for 80k miles.
any recent work/problems? No recent engine work.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I seem to recall the factory schedule for plugs was 100k. Check your owners manual, and if that's the case, start there. Also, treat it to a new air filter. Then post how much of a difference (if any) that makes

... if you're inclined, the map sensor is cheap and also near the end of life. It may not be bad enough to throw a code, but it's a long way from new... and the pcv valve is also due.

What's been mentioned is fairly basic mechanics, so if you're handy... there are loads of you-tube vids to walk you thru.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seem to recall the factory schedule for plugs was 100k. Check your owners manual, and if that's the case, start there. Also, treat it to a new air filter. Then post how much of a difference (if any) that makes

... if you're inclined, the map sensor is cheap and also near the end of life. It may not be bad enough to throw a code, but it's a long way from new... and the pcv valve is also due.

What's been mentioned is fairly basic mechanics, so if you're handy... there are loads of you-tube vids to walk you thru.
Grumpy1 thanks for the advise i decided to Replace Spark plugs, MAP sensor,

Grumpy1
Thank for the advise!
I know better but i gotta admit the routine maintenance gets pushed aside sometimes with a “i’ll replace it when it throws a code” philosophy.
I replaced the:
-Spark plugs
-PCV valve
-MAP sensor
-Air Filter
And the engine PURRS again. No miss fire, no roughness. I am sure the culprit was the spark plugs. They looked pretty worn. Gap was around .055 upon removal. I cant wait to see if Gas mileage even goes up now. 🤞

1 - 6 of 6 Posts